Thursday, April 7, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Hello friends...and happy Thursday!! I do so enjoy Thursdays! Can ya guess why? Easy...it's because it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog! And this week my sweet and incredibly talented friend, Dorcas, is our hostess. Now, here's the deal, Dorcas lives in North Carolina...and told me she was out in the garden planting things the other day!! How perfect that the theme this week is "How does your garden grow?" All I can say is..."beats me...I can't tell the difference between a flower and a weed!" And, to be honest, this little guy, "Monday's Child" available HERE at Mo Manning's online store, looks like he's trying to sort out the whole gardening thing himself! hehehe!

Isn't he just the cutest in his little green overalls?! Here's a close up...don't you think he has the most angelic face? (Even though it is sort of covered in mud!)

These papers are a bit vibrant...but kinda fun. They're from Cosmo Cricket's "Garden Variety" collection! The cardstock is from Stampin' Up (Crushed Curry & Poppy Parade)...and the ink used for the inside sentiment is Garden Green. (I can't remember where I got the sentiment stamp...but I thought it was perfect for this little card!)

The ribbon is from Stampin' Up as well. Here are a couple of pics of the inside....

So...here's a question...how would you like to win this sweet little image? (Or any Mo Manning image of your choice?) It's easy to do...just make your own paper creation (card or 3-D project) using at least one Mo Manning image...and following Dorcas' fun "How does your garden grow?" theme...and enter it into our weekly challenge at Mo's HERE. One lucky participant will be chosen (at random) to win a Mo Manning image of your choice! Fun huh?!

But before you do that, be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the fun projects created by my ultra creative Design Teamies!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and thanks for your sweet comments that truly make me smile! Unril next time....

23 comments:

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Pat. Love the colours and a beautiful image
Clairexx

heidy said...

Wow Pat,he is so adorable,and your card is gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

Molecraft said...

Fabulous image and love the colours, just perfect!
Helen x

Angela said...

Oohhhh how cute!!! Your card is really great...love the colours.
From now on I will follow your blog...so I won't miss anything...
Have a nice day...
xxAngela

Dawn B. said...

I live in NC too and have my garden all ready to go..:) I love this time of year. Great job on this sweet little guy. We used the same paper..LOVE this stuff..

Dee said...

Awww - he looks like Homer when he's doing lawn work....except for that 'angelic' face. Cute!

Donna said...

Hi Pat,
This is the cutest card. it really is beautiful...I just love it.

Uschi said...

Hi Pat!
I'll try it in English!
Your Card is greatful! The papers and ribbons you've used are very nice and I like the combination of the colours!
I hope, you understand what I mean!!!

Hugs Uschi

Christina C. said...

Pat, this card is spectacular...love the adorable image! You did a magnificent job on this one!

Debbie said...

Yeah it's Thursday I get to see a card from You!!!! All I can say is it is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Perfect choice of papers and your coloring as always is spectacular

Elaine said...

It's Thursday so I had to pop on over and say hello even though there's no sb card (sob sob).
I hope you are well and not working TOO hard!

Love Mo's images, and your colouring is perfect. Great choice of papers too.

Take care Sweetie
Love Elaine xx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, a gorgeous creation hugs pops x x x

Dorcas said...

You did a great job on this Pat, I really love the garden theme that you took all the way through your card, even down to the vegetable paper. So cool! I love this!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

I love this. Coloring is great!!! Cute, cute card!

Sandy said...

He is so cute Pat -- you have done one wonderful job coloring him. And your veggie papers are perfect for this little fella. Our garden has not been planted yet. Friends make life blossom is right you pretty flower!
Big Hugs
Sandy

Candy said...

Perfect card, Pat!
Great papers - all of them - so bright for gardening :o)
Wonderful job of colouring Mo's delightful image.
Hugs, Candy

Cathy said...

Pat, this is gorgeous. Loved the coloring and such a fun little image, I need to get this one, Love everything about this card!!!

PepPop said...

Stunning card Pat. I love the way you've coloured his little face so it looks all dirty. So cute! Jaqui x

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this card is so cute! I love that image, and the colors and papers are wonderful.

Iulia said...

Haha! Pat, I must say I love your idea of 'gardening'. I can't tell the difference between flowers and weeds either and to tell you the truth all of flower pots died sooner or later. I love flowers but sometimes I just forget they need watering... but keep this secret;)
Love this angelic muddy face too and he really looks like my little one, weel, just before I cut his curls a couple of weeks ago.
Love it hun, you have a great week-end!
Luv, Iulia

Danielle said...

Where was I???? I missed this cutie! Love those bold and bright colors, cute paper with veggies on it. Great layering job, and cute cute image, so wonderfully colored.
A beautiful card Pat.
Hugs.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Love that image:) Your colouring is fantastic.
Great design.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Pat! Your coloring of this image is fantastic!