Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tilda at the Carnival...

Welcome to this month's "Inspiration Challenge" at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Now...here's the deal...April has been my month to choose challenges. I think I did a smashing job with the pink & green color choice for our last challenge...right?! Of course right!! What's not to love about pink & green!! LOL! OK...so I found this fun photo of two darling little girls at the carnival...so I thought this would be a fun inspiration photo! You know...carnival, horses, 2 cute girls, bling, bright and funky colors...


Aren't they just the cutest?? Of course, I'm probably a bit partial since these little cutie patooties are Ava (who is 7 yrs. old) and her sister, Mia (a.k.a. Mimi...who is 4)...two of our four gorgeous granddaughters! So...with these little sweethearts for my inspiration, here's what I came up with...



I went with a "carnival" theme...and used #433 Carousel Horse and # 385 60's Tilda both available from Magnolia-licious...your online store for all things Magnolia!!



I did a little paper piecing with this fun DP (from my stash). Didja notice...pink and green AGAIN!! With a little purple thrown in for variety! LOL!! You may have noticed the gorgeous pink diamonds...they came from my jewelry box (just kidding!...they're rhinestones! hehehe!) The ticket sentiments are from Whimsy Stamps...aren't they fun?


And inside I made a couple of pockets...I used the Doohickey lace for the edges...and tucked in a little Doohickey Vintage Tag with #3030 Mini Tilda with Big Ribbon. I colored her with Prismacolor Pencils...the rest of the images are colored with Copics.




Y'know something? You're a real trooper...you've made it through this lengthy post (but seriously...when are my posts EVER brief?!) OK...so now you'll want to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous paper creations by my amazingly talented DT sisters!! Then...dig out your craft supplies and whip up your own paper masterpiece for this month's Inspiration Challenge!! As always...one lucky challenge participant (selected at random) will win a $25.00 voucher to Magnolia-licious to help you add to your ever-growing Maggie collection! Whoooo hoooo!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and HUGE THANKS for your kind comments! Sending lots of hugs your way...until next time....

21 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
Another beautiful card from you! I just expect them to be so LOL
Love the bit of paper piecing and all your wonderful embellishments.
Really like the inside on this one. Love the pockets and the fact that you get much more writing surface with it this way!
Thanks for a fun month of challenges :o)
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Very cute and happy card. Love both inside and out. To me, it's a tough inspiration challenge, but you did a fabulous job on this :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card Pat, love the theme and gorgeous colours!
Helen x

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, love your little tilda with lollipop, your colours are gorgeous.
Hugs Cheryl

Dena said...

Pat, these colors are just beautiful together!!! What a very pretty card!!!
Hugs, Dena

Dee said...

Ooooooh - I like the carnival theme - and purple and pink...to die for! Great idea with the extra paper in the pocket and those little book marks are coolio - I love mine!!

Debbie said...

Well, Hello my sweet southern beauty!!! This is stunning.. Love it to pieces...and I love how you tucked in the part for the hand written note...now you know I'm going to try that. What a great idea... You Go Girl!!!!!

Beautiful day here in NY I'm sure you are experiencing the same..

Hugs
Debbie

Dorcas said...

THis is really beautiful Pat! LOve the ticket stubbs and color choices and you know, with that lollipop right there you could almost imagine...(you know whats coming right?) that she has something to lick it with! LOL

heidy said...

Oh so beautiful Pat,love all the detail!
Hugs Heidy

Tracy V. said...

Beautiful card Pat!! But really, your granddaughters are stinkin' ADORABLE! I was surprised when you said they were yours, I really thought that was a professional photo! The colors are AWESOME..and So vibrant! Love it. Thanks for a CHALLENGE !!!
Tracy V

angelwhispers said...

Well I must say your grandchildren looks so beautiful and such a fabulous photo a must for any scrapbook!!!!


Love the card the images look awesome with these pretty Papers and detail!! Chanelle xxx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous loving your colours that you have chosen, fab hugs pops x

Rene said...

Super cute Pat...but I'm afraid it's nothing compared to your gorgeous grandkids! They look like Ralph Lauren models in that picture!
And I agree, you are doing a smashing job! :D
Rene

Kelly Neis said...

Pat, I love how the crystals come in the middle of the horse so elegant. Tilda eating her sucker is so sweet sitting and waiting for a ride, your card is so pretty and brings back lots of fun memories for me. Very nice.

PixiesDelight said...

adorable!
bargainmama@mchsi.com

Angela said...

Your grandchildren are so adorable Pat! I thought this was a photo of little models from a magazine - very stylish little girls ;)!

Beautiful card today, Pat! Love how you colored these beautiful images! Your work is always gorgeous. Thanks for a fun challenge! hugs, Angela

Maria said...

Another smashing creation Pat inside and out! Love the paper piecing on the pony and DPs with that perfect bow are simply beautiful. Great challenge and stunning pic of your gorgeous grand-daughters. Hugs, Maria

Sandy said...

Oh Pat - those girls are adorable. Such a fun picture and a wonderful challenge. Your card is gorgeous and I do love the inside. Love going to your blog and stealing every idea I can!
XO Sandy

Lisa Lynn said...

Love the colorful saddle. This card is just adorable. The ticket is perfect for the carnival card.

Bernadet said...

Fabulous card Pat, gorgeous colours!

Iulia said...

Hi, Pat! You are such a lucky grannie, my friend! Ava and Mimi are simply adorable, I dare say Ava looks a bit like his grannie if I compare your pictures. But they surely know how to pose...he he! Look at the little one... love little girls and I would love to have one too. My hubby keeps telling me he wants a girl, says she is "a must" in the house...lol.
Now about your card here...it's adorable, how else since it's inspiration comes from the gorgeous photo! Loe the paper pieced horse and your soft pearl-like coloring!
Thanks sweetie for taking the time to visit my blog all the time. I truly appreciate it.
Hugz and have a happy day!
Iulia