Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pretend they're lilies!!

Hi...and happy weekend to you all! The weather here in Richmond, VA is absolutely spectacular! Clear and sunny and even a smidgen warm! But I'm lovin' it! Especially since I'm hanging out in my air conditioned craftroom playing!! hehehe!! Remember last week when I went to Las Vegas? Did I mention that I schlepped some images and Prisma Color Pencils with me on the trip?! Well...it's true...and I actually colored a couple of images ...and ended up with just one that I'm somewhat pleased with! LOL! I can't, for the life of me, tell you what color pencils I used...a little of this and a little of that, me thinks!! Anyway...I created this fun card this afternoon with my pencil-colored Tilda...tell me what you think...



I used DPs from K&Co. (Best of Brenda Walton collection)...and cardstock is from SU...Concord Grape...yummy, huh?! Here are a couple of side views...


This card seems to be all about embellies...pearls and pearl swirls (from Zva Creatives...I love these!) and that cool metal filigree corner thingie and flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts) and seam binding (from the Ribbon Girl) and this delightful little dragonfly Doohickey (Magnolia).



And here's a peek at the inside...no sentiment, just space for a personal note! (I'm sending a bunch of cards to my sister, Dee, in Minnesota...she's going to sell them to some of her friends...they call her "Hallmark Lady!" LOL!!)


So...I must say, I had fun making this "just for fun" card (even though I'm not really a purple person...lavender & lilac are two of my fave flowers...along with tulips and lily of the valley!!) Oh...I almost forgot...the reason I'm pretending that Tilda is holding lilies and not amaryllises (is that a real word?!...It is now! LOL!) is because this is - in case you hadn't noticed - a Spring card! I'm entering this cutie into a couple of fun challenges...

and

So...if you haven't done so already, do check 'em both out...they have some yummilicious entries already!! I'll be back on Tuesday with another fun card for Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog...so do pop back then, won't you?

And...thanks so much for stopping by. I truly appreciate your visits...and all your kind comments...they definitely brighten by days!! Have a great rest of the weekend...sending Spring Hugs your way...until next time....

37 comments:

paola said...

what do i think? GORGEOUS!! love the soft tones that you managed to get from the pencils and all those yummy embellies, STUNNING!! i think i love it, shall i resend my address?
smiles
Paola
P.S: and i dont even like lilac, but this totally rocks my socks

Crafty Chris said...

Just stunning love the colours you have used and all the embellies are gorgeous, Happy Easter.
Chris x

Janiel/ janny said...

Pat this is PURE PERFECTION!!! The colors, image details.. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!
hugs to you dear.hope your Easter is good..Janiel

Chrissy said...

My honest opinion...............
absolutely beautiful. The colour combo is gorgeous...all the details..perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Molecraft said...

This is gorgeous Pat, beautiful colours and fab embellies, love it!
Helen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Tilda looks lovely with her "lillies" in such pretty soft pencils. Delightful colour combo and I love the black matting. Very classy. Gorgeous embellishment, Pat, perfect corner piece, pretty bow, lovely swirls and beautiful flowers.
The weather in England is fabulous too. At least 10 degrees warmer than we should expect at this time of year. Much more like the Virginia weather I remember from my childhood springs. I grew up in Annandale, Fairfax county - did I ever mention that?
Happy Easter! Hugs, Lesley

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Pat!! This is sooo beautiful! I knew I was in for a treat as soon as I saw your post, and was I ever right! Gorgeous coloring and you make me want to try coloring with pencils again! Love all your amazing details! Those flowers are totally delicicous and love that beautiful corner! Now I'm off to see what else I've missed since I haven't been by in a while. (shame on me!! gosh I wish I had more hours in a day!!)
hugs, Sharon

Annacarin said...

Hi Pat! I like the colours and colouring very much!!!
And the little Tilda is so cute in all the flowers around...
have a great day!
Annacarin

Nancy Dismukes said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. Great coloring. (My husband shudders everytime a new package comes in the mail, but he likes my cards!)
Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Oh Pat , I love everything about it, the soft colours and gorgeous touches. Another masterpiece, you are so very talented.
Hugs Cheryl

angelwhispers said...

Just stunning and fabulous colours!! I have had a nosey through your blog and WOW its amazing just love it!!! Chanelle xxx

Carol said...

She's gorgeous Pat, love the colours, Dp's and everything. Carol x

Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pat, I love the DP paper you used and your coloring is super
Louise:)

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat!
Your card is charming. Love her lilies hee hee!! Your coloring with the Pencils looks awesome. I hve been using my pencils lately. I find it very relaxing. I love the design of your card especially that DP behind the oval frame. It's gorgeous.
Hugs Maz

Donalda said...

Girl that is just breath taking. I could never get the hang of coloring with the pencils lol But yours is gorgeous dear. Love those colors and those papers that is for sure. My favorite color. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Hugs

Kylie said...

Oh wow Pat! What a stunning card. I love the colours and your colouring - amazing!
Have a fabulous Easter weekend,
Hugs
Kylie

Peggie said...

Super pretty card. Love the flowers and pearls

Dorcas said...

Its beautiful Pat! Love the papers and pearl flourishes! Tilda would say so too if she could speak ;-)

Barb F said...

OMG!! How cute is that with the flower?? Love it!! Great card!!

Julie said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Pat!

Hugz,
Julie

Jean said...

Pat, this card is so gorgeous and the colors are so soft and sweet. Love the flowerss and the pearls and the dragonfly.... a perfectly done card and the inside is also beautiful...
Hugs, Jean

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Pat this is absolutely gorgeous. Your colouring with those pencils is superb! I love lilac, so this is particularly appealing. hugs Sharon p.s. Good luck with those sales... had a good giggle at the Hallmark Lady comment... so cute!

Berni said...

This is beautiful. I love lilac and lavender too. You've done a great job on this creation.
Berni

only1bedorah said...

What a beautiful card, and I so love the inside too - what a great inspiration it is to me! Debbie xx

Nicola said...

very special card, love all the embellies, the card design and colouring of Tilda. I just started following you after completing the blog hop-love your work!
Love Nicola xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Precious and elegant layout design Pat. Another stunning creation and it looks fabulous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunning, loving the colours and a fab images too hugs pops x

Cordine said...

It's absolutely stunning! Love the colours!
Hugs
Cordine

cathylynn said...

Pat I love the colors that you used and you colored Tilda wonderfully with those pencils! Great details too!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Eve said...

gorgeous card Pat! Luv the corner embellishment, your coloring, and luv those flowers peeking through from underneath of nestie's oval frame! And that even matches the colors of the card!! And luv the inside of the card as well! :-)

Barb said...

Oh, Pat! This is just stunning!! I love your coloring and all the fun details. Amazing, my friend!!

PepPop said...

Wow Pat - beautiful as always. Love the colours. Jaqui x

Teri said...

I'm so happy to see all you experts starting to use pencils again!! LOL!! Copics and I just do not get along... I love my pencils!!
Anyway, this card is just too beautiful for words!! I love the colors... so springy!!
(and I always take coloring stuff on vacation with me too! lol!!)
Hugs,
teri

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Your card is a stunning creation of colouring and embellishments.
Absolutely LOVE it!!!
Hugs, Candy

Sandy said...

Where is Sandy? Is she missing in action? Pretty card Pat -- tried to get on your blog and leave a comment the other day and still did not have this computer figured out - now I do and sometimes it just doesn't work! We won!! Beautifully card !
sandy

Iulia said...

Lilies or not, this card looks amazing! Great colors and that lovely flower cluster in the corner is sooo beautiful. I just love WOC flowers and I think I have thousands of them...lol.
Love it, Pat!
Kisses, Iulia

Jane said...

Wow!! this is so gorgeous! beautiful colouring and colours and fabulous details! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane x