Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Wonderland...

Hi sweet friends!! Thank you sooooooo much for stopping by for a visit!! I can't believe it's time for another challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! It seems like just last week that we had the "pink, blue, & green" challenge!! Oh wait...it WAS just last week!! Whew! I feel better now that I figured that out. I know time flies as we get older, but I really was afraid I'd fallen asleep and lost an entire week!! So...here's the deal...we're having this challenge a week early (Dec. 14th)...and it ends on Jan. 10th! That'll give us all a little extra time to craft AND celebrate the holidays with family and friends!!

This challenge is an "Inspiration Challenge". We have a beautiful photo submitted by Chrissy Le for our inspiration. Here it is...


Be creative and see what comes! I was struck by the serenity and peace of the falling snow...so that's what I went with. Tilda sitting on her sled...with glittery snow and snowflakes here, there, and everywhere!!


Here are a couple of side-views...




And, of course, an "artsy" shot...

Here's what the inside looks like...



And...if you're curious...here's the "recipe" for this little card:
Cardstock & ink: Handsome Hunter (SU)
DPs: My Mind's Eye - "Holly Jolly"
Fun flock for the fur trim on Tilda's jacket"
Coarse Glitter (MS) mixed w/Flower Soft (Polar White) for snow
Snowflake punch: MS
Snowflake edge punch: EK Success
Trees: inked w/Boss Gloss then spinkled w/white embossing powder & heated
Magnolia images: Sled (you can find this image at Magnolia-licious HERE), "Out of the Snow" sentiment (from the So Jolly 2009 Collection), "Winter Forest" (from the Santa 2008 Collection), & Cozy & Warm Tilda (minus the wings!)
Copics:


So, that's it for me today...now hop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog HERE and take a peek at the gorgeous projects by my DT sisters...and then start thinking about your own challenge entry! Oops...almost forgot...the oh so generous prize for this challenge is a $25.00 "Magnolia-licious" gift certificate provided by our very own Diana Crick, owner of Magnolia-licious, home of all things Magnolia...including the new, uber darling Magnolia Minis!!! Gotta run...still have about 8 Christmas cards to make so I can send them out before THIS Christmas! hehehe! Take care, stay warm, be safe...and don't forget to hug your loved ones...often!!

25 comments:

Tracy V. said...

Gorgeous Pat...your Tilda is colored beautifully and I love the trees!! Such a cute card.
Hugs,
Tracy

Sharon Keanly said...

Absolutely stunning Pat... just love it! hugs Sharon

Karen's Fun Blog said...

I love it! THis is the first time I've seen that stamp and you colored it beautifully!! : )

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat this is just so gorgeous! I love how you picked up the serenity from the cottage scene and transferred it to your card. Falling snow is always so silent and such a beautiful sight (can you tell we don't get it here in Central Texas and therefore don't have to put up with the shoveling and dirty stuff for endless months?) Your coloring is beautiful and you have carried the snow theme so well to the inside of your card. Fabulous job!

Card Crazy said...

She's just beautiful and the trees look so Christmas-y and snowy.
Sue S. Lovely.

Jean said...

Pat, this card is so stunning. Love your trees and especially love how your colored Tilda and her sled.. great snowflakes and love your background paper and your sentiment. Great card.
Hugs, Jean

Chrissy said...

Totally stunning.Absolutely love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Candy said...

Oh Pat,
You really aced this card.
The feeling from the picture is in your card completely!
Tilda is coloured BEAUTIFULLY and all of the snow on the trees and the snowflakes and sparkle is wonderful.
The inside is also most lovely.
Big special hugs at this time, Candy

Angela said...

Pat you've created such a lovely winter scene here! I love the sparkly snowy trees and snowflakes and your coloring here is GORGEOUS! Beautiful job on the interior of your card too!

I hope you are doing ok sweetie and all is well? Take care, big hugs, Angela

becca said...

A beautiful card, Pat! Tilda looks so cute sitting there and the sparkly trees are just lovely. Love it! Hugs, Becca

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the snowy white trees Pat. They created a sweet scene and the contrast of the colored Tilda image is perfectly fit the this card. The inside is just as stunning :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Pat. Love how the trees really stand out with all the sparkle! Tilda looks so adorable! Hugs, Cami

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! I love the white sparkly trees and Tilda is just beautiful!

Sandy said...

I'm gonna sit rite down and rite you a letter - and fill it with lots of gush and mush - Ho Ho Ho and a Merry Christmas to the On High Most Talented one -- I am gonna find that award Patricia and give it to YOU!
E-mail me dear heart and my condolences to your family. It's been a tough few days for you.
Love you globs,
Sandy Claus

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Pat!! I love your colors and coloring and Tilda looks so warm and snuggly!! Beautiful work as always!!
hugs, Sharon

Leslie Avila said...

Pat,
Wow, you've done this challenge justice! Beautifully colored and just ......perfect!

Blessings to you and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas~
Leslie Avila

Norma said...

Pat, what a gorgeous card!!! And I have this adorable Tilda, but I haven't used her at all this season. With so many new ones, I haven't had a chance, but oh, you make me want to bring her out. Awesome colouring job you did and she does look so peaceful sitting there just enjoying the gentle snowfall. Love the beautiful scene you've created and subtle colour from that gorgeous DP. Love the card.

Hugs,
Norma

Suzanne J Dean said...

Such a pretty wintry scene--I love those frosty trees and cute Tilda sitting in the forest! Beautiful!

hugz,
Suzanne

LINDA W. said...

I love the sence that you made your card is beautiful.Your coloring and dp's are great.
Hugs Linda

LindaC said...

Your work is so pretty! Great job on Tilda and the tree! Love the inside of your card too! LindaC

Jane said...

Pat this is just beautiful! I don't know what I like the best. But the coloring on your Tilda is out of this world.

Christina C. said...

Pat, your card is out of this world GORGEOUS!!!!! Magnificent!!!!

Pops x said...

Gorgeous creation sweetie, love the image and the little scene is fab, your colours are perfect biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

Only By His Grace said...

Such a darling card. I love your snow laden trees and the snowflakes look beautiful. Tilda is colored so beautifully. I love the sled that she is sitting on.
Hugs Maz

Patti Jo said...

Neat way you have done the trees! Love the paper and snowflakes and love the coloring of Tilda with her fur trim! Beautiful work Pat!