Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanks so much...

Hi friends...just a quick post because I have to head off to work momentarily! I am so ready for the weekend...day after tomorrow...YAY!! As some of you know, my DH tore his achilles tendon and had to have it surgically repaired last week. So, needless to say, he's not able to go back to work quite yet. Anyway...his boss and colleagues had an entire dinner from "Heavenly Ham" delivered to us on Monday...sooooooo yummy!! So I made this little card for him to send them just to say "thanks".


It's probably the simplest card I've made ever...no frill or frou frous! Just "masculine" and all business...sort of!! I used a delightful little Mo Manning image...this little guy doesn't have his leg in a cast, but he's looking pretty sad to be feeling under the weather...so I thought it would work.


I'm actually entering this card in Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge HERE. The theme is "Winter Wonderland"...but, seriously, this seems to be my "Winter Wonderland" reality these days. No snow in Richmond, VA yet...we won't be doing much holiday decorating this year...and thank goodness there's online shopping! hehehe!! Oh, wait...I did buy a 19" PINK Christmas Tree...so I'll have to take a pic of that to show you this weekend! LOL!! See? I'm getting into the holiday spirit!!

Uh oh...gotta run. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for your very sweet comments. They really DO make my day!! Take care...stay warm...and be safe!!

18 comments:

Sandy said...

Pat you ARE the master of design -- you always knock my socks off with your design work - always. I love the way you did these buttons and I really like the colors. Those doctor dudes are gonna be sooooo surprised. Who knows, maybe they will send more good food!
Love you
Sandy

Dorcas said...

Oh Pat, this is LOVELY!!! Thanks so much for joining in on the DP2 challenge this week. Awesome job!

Dorcas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shelly said...

It's a really cute card Pat. I hope your hubby is on the mend! I see you are liking the Mo images, I haven't ventured there yet!
hugs,
Shell

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

That is really pretty, Pat! They will love it! And you are lucky--Heavenly Ham is well. . .heavenly! Hope hubby is on the mend! Lisa

Tracy V. said...

This is super cute Pat and I hope your hubby is feeling better really soon. Merry Christmas
Tracy V

Candy said...

Pat what a wonderful card of thanks!!
Beautifully colored and designed. I feel in love with this image from Mo myself, but alas no money to buy him :o(
Don't you just adore him???
Hugs, Candy

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card! I'm always drawn to blue and green. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

Tanya R said...

So wonderful! Love the image.
Hugs
Tanya

Iulia said...

Hi! I love this image too, in fact I love all Mo's digis, they are such fun to color. Your coloring is beautifu and the layouts are so cute. I love the inside too.
Hugs, iulia

Jane said...

Can't resist this digi any longer...you've made such a beautiful card with it...got to get it too (all your fault!!)lol xxx

Barb Hardeman said...

You did a wonderful job coloring this image and tucking him into the front of the card. The colors are fabfulous. I hope Gil is fairing well in the healing process and that he won't try to do too much like my Bill did! Hope you're ready for the season, with alll your shopping and baking done! Not me!!!
Hugs, Barb

Pops x said...

This is so beautiful! Love your work!
Have a nice weekend! Big hugs love Pops x x x

paola said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!! you sure do have the knack of turning out masterpieces, fabulous my friend
smiles
Paola

paola said...

P.S: thanks for joining us at Mo's
smiles
Paola

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh dear - poor hubby! Still - the food sounded nice and your thank you card is a real treat! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Dawn B. said...

Hope your hubby heals soon. They will love this card. What a sweet thing to send you. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

The Wired Angel said...

What a darling card, Pat. Great coloring and layout. I love this look that you created. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's challenge this. Best wishes to your DH for a speedy recovery! Peggy x