Saturday, December 4, 2010

Non-Traditional Christmas Colors...

Hi friends...
First and foremost, thank you soooooo very much for visiting my blog and for leaving such kind comments on my little "works of heart". I have had such an amazing time this past year making cards, and learning to color with Copics & distress inks, and shopping online for so many fun images...and mostly, meeting so many wonderful people...and this means YOU!! Thank you...I am blessed! Sooooo.....

Another weekend...YAY!! It's been a busy week here in Richmond, VA. Work has been keeping me out of trouble - for the most part anyway!! ooohh...I did just get a raise. When I asked my boss why I was getting a raise, she replied "because you're awesome". I laughed and said, "well, that's the rumor I've been spreading!" In all seriousness...this is the time of year when everyone gets a little something, I guess! hehe! But...that doesn't change the fact that I still tell myself from time to time that I'm sort of awesome! hehehehe!!

So enough of my self-praise...I've made another cute little Christmas Card...this one with a one of my new little Tilda "angels" from the 2010 Christmas Collection. I used some pretty non-traditional Christmas Colors...pink and aqua! (Which, by the way, is really just an altered version of red and green! But I thought it worked!)

I'm entering this little darlin' into this fortnight's challenge over at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog HERE. The theme is...you guessed it...Non-Traditional Christmas Colors!

Here's my entry...


Sidebar: I've never been brave enough to color black hair...this is my very first atempt!! I think it turned out rather nice, if I do say so myself! LOL

And a couple of side views...



An "arsty" view...


And here's a view of the inside...I quite enjoyed making the little wrapped present!!


Here's my recipe:
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink & Regal Rose (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Royal Rose (SU)
DPs: Wonderful Winter (My Mind's Eye)
Sentiment: LOTV
Dies: Marianne's, Nestie's Round, Doohickey (Magnolia), flourish (Sizzix)
Punches: Martha Stewart (I'm sorry, I don't know the name) and a Corner Rounder
Diamond swirls: ZVA Creative (which I got from my friend Tab over at 7 Kids HERE)
Flowers & gem: my stash
Ribbon: Royal Rose grosgrain from SU
Stardust Stickles on the flowers, Tilda's win, & the trim on her outfit
Copics: E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); R81, 83, 85, RV10, 000 (outfit); BG13, 11, 10, 000, R83, 81, RV10 (stockings); C7, 5, 4, 2, 1, 00 (hair).

Thanks so much for stopping by for a peek...I'll see you soon!!

26 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgous card Pat. The colours pink and aqua go beautifully together. The whole card.....gorgeous
Luv CHRISSYxx

Judi said...

What a FABULOUS card! I love the colours you've used, and your first attempt at colouring black hair is BRILLIANT! Well done!

Hugs

Judi xx

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card in perfect colours, love your papers too just fab,big hugs Pops x x x

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, I see lots of yummy details on this non traditional Christmas card Pat. The inside is as gorgeous as the front. Beautiful work!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

Good Golly Miss Molly - what a beautiful card you have done - hey Pat this is the little leaning Tilda I was telling you about - study your card carefully cause I tell you - her little fanny is being pricked by that curly thingy. She tried to tell you ... beautiful colors.
Sandy

Madge H. said...

Absolutely Pretty inside and out. You've done an awesome job, as ususal. And your black hair turned out fabulous!!
Good job!
rubber hugz,inky wishes,
Madge

LindaC said...

Your card is beautiful....love the colors you chose. LindaC

Candy said...

Beautiful colours together, Pat!!
I know why your black hair turned out just perfectly - cause your AWESOME!!! LOL LOL
Tilda is coloured beautifully and love all the decorations on your card :o)
Big congrats on the raise!!!!!!!
Hugs, Candy

LINDA W. said...

Your coloring is beautiful....love your color choices and all your die cuts...great card
Linda W

Barb Hardeman said...

Another amazing creation, Pat! The colors are absolutely gorgeous and the layout is totally fabulous! That's a stunning die you've placed darling Tilda on! Every detail is so beautifully complementary to the next! Awesome job.
Blessing and hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

First I have to say Congrats on your raise! You are awesome ;)
And now onto the beautiful card you have created...wowza! Sooooo pretty!!!! Good luck with the challenge!
Rene :D

Afitmom4Life said...

WOW, I love your card. I love the colors you have chosen and the way you designed it is amazing.

Merry Christmas!!

Lisa V.
fitmom1@cox.net

Card Crazy said...

Pat, she is absolutely adorable. I love the colors, non-traditional is so very special. What a delightful combination of elements. Go ahead, say so yourself!! You deserve it.
Sue S.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat!
Oh so pretty. I love pink cards. Love the frame you have Tilda on.
Very nice job on coloring her hair and the rest of her. Very nicely laid out.
Hugs Maz

Patti Jo said...

So pretty in the pink and aqua! Love all your embellies and design plus your beautiful coloring! Yup...awesome!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Pat!! I love the colors and the layout and your coloring is perfect. Just a stunning card. TFS!!

Donalda said...

Pat this is just beautiful dear. Just love the beautiful colors you have used hon. Hugs

Jacque said...

Pat, she is absolutely darling...all of the layers and details are just lovely! Those colors are stunning and you have used them brilliantly!! Great job on the inside and I love the idea of the wrapped package...Hugs..Jacque

Sharon Keanly said...

Hi Pat, your card is absolutely gorgeous. Just love all those layers and detail. Your colouring is superb and the inside compliments the outside too. hugs Sharon

scrappinpeg said...

Just gorgeous! Only in our world of card making can we step over to the other side and use non-traditional and I soooo love them! GREAT JOB!

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Great job on the hair for a first time try!

Wendy - daffygal

Christina C. said...

What a STUNNING creation! This card is a feast for the eyes...so many fabulous details! Magnificent job!

Pam S. said...

So sweet in pink and your coloring Pat! I love this punch around the page set too.. it's just the perfect bit of whimsy! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Pen to Paper said...

Wow Pat, another cute card! You've added so many lovely embellies on here. I love it!

Hugs,

Jackie

Norma said...

Pat, I love this card. And not because you've use my favorite image from the ne Christmas collection...LOL. Everything is beautifully done. That die cut from Marianne Design is just to die for. I've been trying to get it but so has everybody else because it's constantly out of stock...LOL. Terrific job on the card.

Hugs,
Norma

PepPop said...

Awwwww she's sooooo pretty!!! Love the colours and the present inside is a lovely idea. Fantastic work! Jaqui x