Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Uh oh, Santa...I can explain...

Whoohooo!!! Here we are again...with another fabby challenge for you at the new...and outrageously FUN Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! And the prize for this fortnight's challenge is a wonderful Mistletoe Border Doohickey Die from Diana Crick's online store...Magnolia-licious home of all things Magnolia...not to mention the exclusive distributor in North America to get your Magnolia "minis"!! I cannot wait to get my first order of those little darlings!!

I want to join Diana, Suzanne, Candy and the rest of my DT sistahs in thanking all of you who entered our very first "Pink & Yellow" challenge...and for some of you, this was your very first challenge ever! I'm thrilled beyond belief!!! You are the reason we're all having such fun here!! Oh...now, speaking of fun...

Our second challenge for Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog was chosen by our very own, uber talented Candy Mills. Here's the picture she chose for our "inspiration"...talk about non-traditional holiday colors, huh?! Purple, blue, and yellow...YIKES!! Plus stars and presents...I have to be honest, I had a tough time narrowing down what I was going to do with this challenge!! (I guess that's why they call it a challenge! KWIM?!) *** Sidebar here...I just found out from my DT sistahs what KWIM means...Know What I Mean?!! hehehe!! So...I know...got off track a bit...here's the Inspiration Pic...



An here's my interpretation...


I chose this darling little Lightning Edwin...you can find him at Magnolia-licious HERE. And, in my creative mind, I somehow included all of the inspiration elements...see if you can find them...Christmas tree; purple, blue, & yellow; stars; and present. (OK...here's a hint...I wrapped the whole front of the card as a present! LOL)

It's been a while since I made an easel card...I'd forgotten how much fun they are!!! Here's a side view.



And a close-up of Edwin...he's so cute, I could just eat him up!! (Reminds me of our grandson, Brody who always seems to be into something...a couple of years ago, he broke his arm jumping off the back of the sofa playing Super hero!!...He's all mended now!)



And a close-up of this darling sentiment from Just-Rite Stamps. (Seemed perfect for this little card!)



So...here's my "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla & Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Creative Imaginations (I picked it up from my local craft store)
Eyelet Circle dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Edge punch: Martha Stewart (I think it's called Bubbles-something)
Diamonds: my jewelry box (I know...old joke...but it sill makes me laugh!!)
Ribbon & charm: my stash
Stickles: lavender, yellow, & waterfall
Christmas lights: I actually picked these up at a LCS too)
And here's a pic of the Copics I used.



So...I sure hope you like my little creation...and my DT entry for this fun, fun challenge!! Now...pull out your Magnolia stamps, paper, and markers, pencils, inks, and/or paints...and do some serious creating!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! Remember when you promised me that you'd enter our challenge again? Big Maggie hugs to all of you...and thanks for stopping by for a visit.

28 comments:

Angela said...

I love this fun image! You've created a beautiful card with him! Love the added christmas light embellishment - so perfect! Awesome design on your easel card! big hugs, Angela

Tracy V. said...

Pat this is adorable!! I just love it. He is one of my favorites from the new line, but my 6 yr old daughter doesn't think the same and everytime I go to use him she puts up a fuss! LOL
Tracy

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, sweetie! I love what you've done with this darling image. You are so creative I just love it! You pulled those colors together like a symphony and I love the added little lights for your embellie. I've been looking for those for ages, but can't seem to find them. Can you let me know where you got them? I have this little Edwin colored and ready to go, but he won't fit into this challenge. I'll have to try something else...great challenge!
Barb H.

Anita Knewcister said...

Oh is that EVER darling! I love the colors together - whoda thunk it would work!

Sandy said...

Your cards are to die for and your mind must work over time - I would like to own your hard drive.
Love you -- Sandy

Renkata said...

Such an amazing and beautiful card. FAB details!

CHRISSY said...

What a cute card. Love the colors, the style, everything about it.
CHRISSYxx

Erika said...

Pat I love this card and the little lights are fabby. It is always the bain in my life getting out the Christmas lights and checking them with everything crossed. As a child I remember vividly my father getting extremely annoyed every year looking for that one bulb that had gone, lol!

Cami said...

Cute card, Pat! Your coloring is gorgeous and goodness, all the little bulbs you had to color in ... to perfection! Hugs, Cami

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colourwork and gorgeous design and I just love that little pile of Christmas lights! Warmest wishes, Lesley

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the cute Christmas light embellie Pat and the great details on this card. Fun coloring on Edwin and the pretty punched border :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Ah Pat!!!
You got EVERY element in your
card :o)
I adore those teeny lights and what you did with them. Your DP has all the stars and Edwin is coloured perfectly!!.Love the punches and the fantastic sentiment.
This is one fun and colourful card :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Kim said...

Really love what you did with this image. So cute!! The punches and nesties are a perfect fit for it. TFS!!

Tanya R said...

Just gorgeous. I am sure he can sweet talk Santa into forgiving him too.
Hugs
Tanya

PepPop said...

Amazing!! You've managed to include all the elements and the card is stunning. Loving those little Christmas lights. Hugs. Jaqui x

Norma said...

Pat, I adore easel cards and yours is a fabulous one. Super cute Edwin—I just have to smile when I look at this image. Awesome colouring and fabby layout. Ooh terrific that you found those tiny tiny Christmas light—they are just the perfect touch to add to your card. Love it.

Hugs,
Norma

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

I really love this, Pat! I love blue-green! Edwin is in a spot of a bother! :-) I love you use of the die cuts and the light embellies, too. Thank you for the lovely inspiration! Lisa :-)

Christina C. said...

What a wonderful Christmas easel card....love Edwin and all the wonderful details that make this such a special card!!!!

Chris said...

Your Edwin card is very cute - love your colouring and the tiny light embellishments are a gorgeous addiction - you are very inspiring.

Abbylicious said...

Hi Pat, what a darling card! Love your coloring and the string of lights are adorable!
Judy K.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness Pat, this is ADORABLE. I love the addition of the string of lights. It is just perfect! As always, your coloring is fabulous!

Hugz,
Julie

Only By His Grace said...

I really love your card Pat. the layout is great and the colors are marvelous.
Hugs Maz

Diane said...

This is so cute, Pat and how perfect are those tiny Christmas lights with this image?! Just gorgeous!
Diane x

Rene said...

Oh Pat this is fabulous! I looooove those lights! And I saw you were a top three at 7 kids...congrats!! This card and that one are wonderful :D
Happy Thanksgiving!
Rene

Pen to Paper said...

Pat, this is super adorable! I love this Edwin and I love how it reminds you of your grandson! Too cute!

Hugs,

Jackie

Peggie said...

Great card.Love the "real lights".

Leslie Avila said...

Pat,
omg loving this Edwin card! The Christmas lights are such the perfect embellishment! Super share, thanks!

Hugs to you~
Leslie Avila

Cathy said...

Pat, I just love your cards. It is really special when you design the inside of the card as well.

Thank you for the kind comments on my card entry to the Inspiration Challenge.

Hugz,
Cathy Lee