Monday, November 29, 2010

Another "Sophie"...

Hi sweetest friends...well, it's Monday morning and I'm holding off going into work for just a little bit. DH ruptured his achilles tendon this weekend...and has been hobbling around on crutches. Let me say, that walking on crutches thing is far more difficult than it looks!! Thankfully he's not in pain...except that he is going crazy just sitting around. Anyway...while I wait for the doctor's office to open, I thought I'd post another card that I made this weekend. And this is an extra special project!!...keep reading and you'll see why!

Now, you know how much I love little kids...and you know how much I adore Mo Manning's illustrations...and you know that I finally, after all this time, discovered how to purchase, download, and print images from Mo's Digital Pencil!! (OK, so a computer wizard I am NOT! hehehe!!) But, I digress....

Here's my latest card with one of Mo's images...her name is Sophie. Isn't she the cutest, cutest little thing??!! I thought I'd enter her in this week's challenge #59 "Swirls & Flourishes" at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE...and after some encouragement from my sweet friends, Sandy, Paola, & Barb, I've decided to throw my "hat into the ring" (so to speak) and enter Mo's Dream team call HERE. Boy...talk about a DREAM!! It would seriously be a dream come true to be on Mo's DT...she's put together such a fabulously talented team!!! So...keep your fingers crossed for me!!

...ta da...here's my version of Mo's Sophie...



...and here's a close-up of this little princessa...


My recipe for my mini "work of art"...
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink & Close to Cocoa (SU)
DPs: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon, pearls & pearl flourishes, & flowers: my stash
Dies: Spellbinders oval & oval scallop; and Sizzix Flourishes
And here are the Copics I used to color this little darlin'...


Thanks soooo much for stopping by for a peek...and wish me luck!! {{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

Abbylicious said...

OH Pat, she's absolutly adorable! I love your coloring, layout and embelishments. You did a beautiful job!
Judy K.

Jak Heath said...

stunning card and colouring, thanks for entering in our Dreamteam DT Call

Kiki said...

This is simply gorgeous! Sophie is so adorable and your coloring is fantastic! Great job!!!

Hugs, Kiki

Patty said...

I was looking at all the cards entered and your card caught my eye. It is so charming and one of my favorite images....good luck!

PepPop said...

Woooo Hoooo You go girl. Got everything crossed for you and hope you get a DT. Hope your OH is better soon (ouch!) Jaqui x

Jackie said...

You might not be a computer whizz, you certainly are a whizz with the copics.. this is outstanding. Beautiful card and fantastic colouring. Good luck with the DT call. I too entered, and see the standard is VERY high. Mos images are a total dream to work with aren't they. xx

Dorcas said...

Gorgeous card, Pat!! Love your style. I've become a follower. :-)

Elaine L. said...

This card is so lovely! You color beautifully. Thanks for sharing your work with us in Mo's Challenge.

Sandy said...

I just don't know what to say -- I am sooooo tired of saying beautiful card Pat - gorgeous card Pat - wonderful card Pat - fantastic card Pat - what am I supposed to say except I admire your talent so much and I love you friend.
Sandy

Tanya R said...

Beautiful card. Good luck on your dream. I think you would be a lovely addition to the Mo DT.
Hugs
Tanya

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beauty! Love your design and your colouring is gorgeous! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Debbie said...

Your coloring is magnificent and I am sure you will be Part of the DT once they see this beautiful creation because you definitely would have my vote

Debbie said...

Your coloring is magnificent and I am sure you will be Part of the DT once they see this beautiful creation because you definitely would have my vote

Alex said...

Oh this is just beautiful, think I will back out of the comp now!!! lol I love your card, and your colour is gorgeous :) x

The Wired Angel said...

Pat, your coloring is beautiful and this card is darling. Totally beautiful job. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's this week. Hugs to you, Peggy

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wow! Your coloring is amazing! Your card is wonderful! If you don't make the Dream Team I would be surprised!Such a beautiful creation!

Lisette Morris said...

I can spend hours on your blog! Your cards are incredible. This is stunning!

Mina said...

wow Pat this is a stunner, fantastic colour choice and your colouring is superb...thanks for joining in with our DT call
Mina xxx

Norma said...

Oooh, Pat, this is gorgeous. Such an adorable image--I love Mo's drawings. Love the colour scheme and your colouring is awesome. You brought this image to life. Fabby swirls and border punch. You've beautifully put this card together. I love it.
Good luck with the DT call. They would be lucky to have you.

Hugs.
Norma

meredith said...

wow, this is gorgeous!!! I also entered the DT call and was just scrolling through checking out the other entrees. There was a couple that really jumped out at me and yours is definately one. stunning!!!!! good luck xx