Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pink & Yellow...& PRIZES!

Hello sweet friends...I'm soooooo excited to be a part of the "inaugural" challenge for the brand new, uber fun Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!!! Diana Crick has put together such a fab DT...and, with Candy Mills as our Team Leader, we have all been working very hard these past many weeks getting ready for this very exciting day!!!

We invite all of you to play along with us...we will post a new challenge twice a month - always on Tuesday. The first challenge of the month will be a "Color Challenge"...the second challenge of each month will include some kind of fun "Inspiration." Our first challenge - Pink & Yellow - was chosen by our very own Candy Mills...and we all had such fun with this challenge. I know you will too! Now, if you're worried about not being good enough...I will tell you that you ARE...in fact, you're better than "good enough"!!! So get out your fave Magnolia images...and your markers, pencils, inks, and whatever else you want to use, and prepare to HAVE FUN!!! Oh...I almost forgot...Diana has some great PRIZES for you too!!

Photobucket

Here's the little card that I created for this very first challenge. I just love this little "Oops" Tilda stamp. I used a masking technique so Tilda is standing in front of this very darling antique oven. Both stamps - along with all things Magnolia - are available at Diana's online store, Magnolia-licious. I colored the images with Copic markers...and I paper-pieced Tilda's hat and apron for a fun effect.



Here are some side views:




Oh...and guess what? I made this fun little card for my sweetest friend, Sandy, in NC! She recently had a birthday...and, since she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders, I thought it was perfect for her to receive my very first Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog DT card!! Even tho I couldn't tell her anything about the new Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog...or the "Pink & Yellow" challenge itself. I kept her completely in the dark...and believe me, keeping this all a secret was a real challenge for me!! But...hehehe...I did it!! Am so glad the secret's out now! LOL!!

Here's a very "artsy" view (I know...I'd better not quit my day job to become a photographer! hehehe)!:



Here's a peek at the inside:




So...here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Banana & Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up)
DPs: "Candy Floss" from Wild Rose Studio.
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & Pearl "garland" - my stash
Pearl flourishes: ZVA Creatives
Sentiment: Computer generated...I have to credit my sweet hubby with the sentiment! (Besides being handsome, he's soooooo clever!!)
Copics: See photo below.


So, there you have it...Sandy's "29th" birthday card...and my "Pink and Yellow" creation!! Now it's your turn!! We're all excited about this challenge...and can't wait to see your gorgeous and fun creations!!! So...get crackin'!! And, as always, thanks so much for stopping by for a peek at my little blog. See you all soooooon!

34 comments:

Cami said...

Adorable card, Pat! Congratulations on being on the DT! This is so exciting! Hugs, Cami

Summite said...

This card is a work of art. All the details that you put on your card is amazing. The inside is as nice and I love the message. Congrat.

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow! Pat this was well worth the wait! What a beautiful card with to detail left out - even to the little tag on the inside being punched with cake dp! The colors are truly fabulous and the layout is marvelous. You are now launched!!!
Hugs,
Barb

charlene said...

Pat what a cute little card ! I just love your creations...had no idea all your family was here in AZ next time you are here give me a shout we can do lunch, shop or just hang out.
Hugs

Angela said...

Oh this card is chockful of yumminess to look at! I love Oops Tilda and how you paper pieced her apron and hat! I have to pick up that stove. Your coloring is perfect and those flowers so pretty! Beautiful job! I look forward to working with you here. hugs, Angela

Patti Jo said...

Great to hear you are on the design team Pat! Congratulations!!! What a fun card you've created with Oops Tilda and stove! Beautifully done with all your detail and coloring!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful coloring job on the images Pat. The flowers and embellishments on this card is so gorgeous that added great touch. What a great pink and yellow project!!
Hugs,
Cabio

cabio's craft corner said...

It's me again, lol
I forgot to say, I love the inside and those cake and donuts add ons on the tags are super cute too!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Pam S. said...

totally charming Pat! How adorable! Love your kitchen scene and coloring! This could easy be a vintage greeting card... precious! I love it! (that is saying a lot because I don't like yellow!) lol
Pam Going Postal

Candy said...

Pat!
You have made a grand scene here. Such a fun and novel Birthday card.
Beautiful colouring and so many special touches!!
Sandy will be over the moon with her card.
Hugs, Candy

Sharon Caudle said...

WooHoo!!! How exciting and what a beautiful card to start off with!!! Love you papers and coloring, Pat! The design is gorgeous and love how you did the sentiment as well!!! A truly scrumptious beginning!
Hugs, Sharon

Madge H. said...

Pat, a beautiful but playful card - it is just so perfect. Love what you've done inside and out -- lot of planning went into it!!!!
rubber hugs, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge

Christina C. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous...love it!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat!
Wow! This card shows why you are on the new challenge blog team.
It is so sweet. I love how you have done the pretty ribbon with the roses around it. Your coloring is gorgeous. Love how you did the inside too. By the way your photography work is excellent.
Hugs Maz

sandy said...

Candy is absolutely right --- I am over the moon with my new birthday card - thank you sooooo much Pat - I love the card and I love you! You are one talented lady.
Sandy

Peggie said...

Pretty, pretty card. Love pink and yellow. Congrats on your "promotion"

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Pat, I just love your card, so DELICIOUS!!!Your paper piecing on tilda is MAGNIFICIENT. Very lovely details, can't stop looking. Gorgeous flowers and such a lovely bow! the inside is just as beautiful.
Great inspiration.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Rene said...

She's delicious ;)
Beautiful layout...all those details are incredible! GREAT job :D

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness Congrats Pat on your
DT position I am so happy for you.
I always love your cards they are beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Card Crazy said...

Fantabulous, I'm going to have to start making up words for these fantastic cards. Love this one, would be perfect for my little niece. Have fun on the DT.
Sue S.

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute and fabulously pretty Pat! I love the gingham bow with flowers with your cute scene--so adorable! Beautiful work my friend and congrats on the new team!

hugz,
Suzanne

LindaC said...

What a great birthday card. She will love receiving it and will cherish it. Great take on the challenge! LC

jodyb said...

Hi Pat!
Your card is amazing! Love the colors - your friend is so lucky! It was so nice to meet you yesterday - and I certainly learned alot.... you've given me such inspiration. And, congratulations!
Hugs to you - Jody

Silvie Z said...

Grogeous card, Pat! Lovely colors and so many beautiful details! Love it!
And congrats on you DT position - definitely well deserved!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Maria said...

Gorgeous Pat! You have created the perfect scene for Tilda. I love how you've layered the papers and all the beautiful embellies too. So excited to be creating alongside you on the DT. Hugs, Maria

Leslie Avila said...

Wow, Pat! Lots of gorgeousness going on here. I can see why Diana placed you on the team! I'm appreciating all the special detailing! Super job!

Happy Wednesday~
Leslie Avila

Deeanna said...

Wow absolutely beautiful ..You did an amazing job:}

Dee said...

Yep, pink and yellow ... perfect together! Card is coolio - I'm sure Sandy has a special place for it too ! Looks like it took some time to create this one!

Jean said...

Oh wowzers, Pat this is so gorgeous so much activity going on in the card which makes the card so amazing.. the coloring is perfect and all the details are so perfect.. a perfect card for a birthday and loving the inside with the sentiment.. a special card..
Hugs, Jean

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a gorgeous card, Pat! Just beautiful! Your coloring is lovely & I love all of your delish embellies! Just beautiful all around!

Big congrats on your DT position & I'm impressed that you were able to keep the secret hush hush! Cudos to you! I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.

Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Monique said...

This is so lovely Pat ! Beautifull colours and your colouring is wonderfull !

Hugs Monique

Deborah said...

Wow Pat this card is just adorable,love the colours and the idea

Norma said...

Pat, awesome card. I love this Oops Tilda image--just so adorable. You did such a beautiful job for our first challenge. Love your die cuts.

Hugs,
Norma

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Pat your cards and blog are gorgeous, thanks for your lovely comment, have joined your merry band of followers so I dont miss your gorgeous cards.
Chris x