Saturday, November 13, 2010

Birthday Wishes...

Hi sweet friends!! I hope you're all having a great weekend!! I've been hanging out in my craftroom all day...I have several projects in the works...here's one I've been struggling with for the last two days. But...I am pretty pleased with the results...even tho I'm not so much of a purple person! Here's what I discovered...if I just get out of my own way and let the card determine where it wants to go in terms of design, it makes things so much easier!! My inspiration was this absolutely gorgeous paper from KaiserCraft called "Lilac Avenue Collection". I flipped through my LOTV stamps and found this adorable little fairy - one I don't often see used - blowing what looks to me like dandelions...and that's how this card started.

Here are a couple of side views.


These are pics of the inside. Again, this is a side-opening card with a little "pocket" on the left side of the card, perfect for tucking a gift card into!!



Here's the rest of my card "recipe":
Cardstock: Concord Crush & Almost Amethyst from Stampin Up.
Sentiment: from Kanban stamps - stamped w/Concord Crush ink (SU)
Lavender Raffia Ribbon, lime green tulle, roses, green ribbon, pearls, & charm: stash
Doohickey tag: Magnolia
Stardust stickles
Copics (below).

So, there you have it...one darling little Make a Wish Birthday card which I'm entering into this week's "Anything Goes" Thursday Challenge at Lili of the Valley. Oh...one last thing...and I can tell you this because I've already placed my order (hehehe)...LOTV just released (on Nov. 12th) even more of their precious little girls stamps!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and thanks for leaving such sweet comments!! See you soon.

11 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful work as always, my dear! I struggle with purple also, but you really pulled with together with great style. Love the little charm on the inside and the pocket part of the card. Gorgeous!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Pat, Such a wonderful card! I love purple, and this is so harmoniouly put together. Love this cute image, delicate and feminine. The inside of your card is just as beautiful, cute charm, and very nice idea with the flap. All those DP are gorgeous.
PS: it is with yellow I struggled this week... I am a pink girl...
Hugs.

Cina99 said...

Thank you for your kind words on the list :)

Your cards are absolutely stunning!

Grenouille Greetings said...

I just stumbled upon your blog Pat and I must say that this card is absolutely gorgeous! I shall undoubtedly stop back and stay a while for a little browse! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Maria said...

Gorgeous card Pat! Love all the layers and you card is stunning inside and out. I struggle with purple too but you can't say that anymore cause you totally ROCKED it! Have a great weekend, Maria

Kim said...

Beautiful card Pat!! Love the attention to details and your coloring is fantastic!! That DP is to die for too!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Kim

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous card Pat, the details are amazing!

Hugs, Marlene xx

sandy said...

Pat - fairies live in purple flowers. So the card fairy indeed told you what to do ...
Sandy

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Pat. Love the colours and your insert is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week!
Clairex

Margaret said...

I have just found your blog. What beautiful work. I will be back.
Margaret

Pops x said...

Gorgeous creation love the image and fab papers, big hugs love Pops x