Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sophie's 5th birthday!

Hi friends...

I hope you all had a great weekend...and for those of you who celebrate, I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving too! We were fortunate again this year to be able to share our Thanksgiving with my DH's mother, who is 91!! We ate and watched movies and read and talked and laughed. We are so very blessed with family and great friends. And we have so much for which to be thankful!

So...the other night when I couldn't sleep, I got up and made this sweet little card for Sophie...one of our darling granddaughters! She'll be 5 on Dec. 1st! Sophie is a dancer...she loves ballet & tap. Oh, and she has a dance recital coming up in a couple of weeks!! They're doing (are you ready for this?!)...the peppermint twist!! How cute will that be? A whole bunch of 4 & 5 year-olds in red and white striped, glittery costumes...all out of sync...and each one more precious than the next!!

So, I thought I'd make this card for Sophie using one of the new LOTV stamps called "Little Ballerina." You can see all of the LOTV stamps HERE. I love each and every one of these little darlins! But this one is especially delightful!! She's got the cutest little facial expression, don'tcha think?!

I made this card using a sketch by Bev Rochester...



Here's my little creation...



And a side view...



And a couple of pics of the inside...




Here's my "recipe"...
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink (SU) and white
DPs: My Mind's Eye
MS punch (I'm sorry, I have no idea what it's called)
Nestabilities: Oval, Oval Scallop, Round, and Round Scallop
Sentiment: (front) LOTV; (inside) SU
Pearls, pearl flourishes, ribbon, & flowers: my stash
Lots of Stardust Stickles
Doohickey: Magnolia
Copics: E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); E33, 19, 15, 11, YR21 & 20 (hair); BG72, 13, 11, 10, 0000 (tutu); W1 & 00 (shading & floor)

I've decided to enter this darling little card into this Thursday's challenge at LOTV HERE. Maybe someday I'll be a random winner...hehehe!! Hasn't happened yet...but one of these days my number will have to be drawn...law of averages and all!!

So that's it for now friends...thanks so much for stopping by for a peek. Take care...and I'll see you soon. {{{{hugs}}}}