Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Sugar Bowl Challenge # 48

Hi friends...how fun is this? It's time for another Sugar Bowl Challenge!! The very talented Marlene came up with this fabby sketch for us...and challenged us to use the sketch as well as the colors Black & White & ????...


And wait 'til you hear about the prizes...Sugar Nellie is giving away to one lucky winner, chosen at random:

A set of Classic Scalloped Squares Nestabilities...and a sheet of not yet released Alice in Wonderland stamps from our own uber talented artist, Leanne Ellis.

So...because I've been just dying to ink up another of my fabulous Simply Sassy stamps, this one was an extra easy challenge for me!! I chose "My Friend Kitty"...and my additional color was - of course - PINK!!!


I also found the puuuuuurrrfect sentiment stamp (from Stamping Bella)...and the rest just sort of fell into place. Here's possibly the cutest little girl on the block!! Don't you just love her gorgeous green eyes? And those nobby little knees!! Oh yes...and big feet! LOL!! (You may remember from previous posts that I confessed to having big feet myself!! Well, I also have green eyes! hehehe...hey, she could be ME...except I'm allergic to cats...and my nose would be red and my eyes would be watering!!) I know...enough chatter from me...here's my DT project for The Sugar Bowl Challenge #48...


And, of course, can't forget the "artsy" angle!


And a side view...I must say, I love the flower I made with the Magnolia Doily Flower Doohickey!! And the teeny tiny black bows that were made with my Bow Easy!


And here are a couple of pics of the inside. I actually made a pocket for the left-hand side of the card...and tucked in a little tag made from a Magnolia Tag Doohickey! It's also a puuuurrrrfect pocket to tuck a gift care into!! I carried on the theme of Black & White & Pink for the inside...complete with a few petite little bows!!



So...here's the rest of my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink (Stampin Up) & White & Black (my stash)
DPs: Magnolia (I believe these were in the 2010 Autumn Collection)
Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder
Loopy Edge Punch (Martha Stewart...I don't know the name, sorry) & Corner rounder
Black Diamonds & pink pearls my jewelry box...not really, they're rhinestones colored with a C9 Copic Sketch marker...and faux pearls from my stash!!
I used Glossy Accents to give her eyes and shoes a little shine...and Stardust Stickles for a little glitz on the hairbows
And here are the Copic Markers to color this little darling...


So...if you haven't yet checked out the other gorgeous creations by my fellow DT Sweeties, please pop on over to The Sugar Bowl and take a peek. Then get your crafting goodies out and create a fun card following Marlene's sketch...using Black & White...and another color! Have fun with this challenge. And, as always, thanks so much for stopping by to visit...see you soon...sending sweet, sweet hugs your way...