Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter Fun at LOTV Stamps...

Hello again...I'm back with another holiday card!! I know it's not even Halloween yet...but I need to get started on holiday cards!! I used the traditional red & green for this little card with a bit of aqua and peach thrown in to go with these yummy "Candy Cane Christmas Collection" DPs from Stampin' Up! I chose the most darling little Lili of the Valley stamp. I am soooooo in love with these little girls & boys! This particular one reminds me of our youngest granddaughter, Mia. We call her Mimi...you may recall from earlier posts that Mimi likes to wear tutus!! So...oh, wait, a quick sidebar here...I just found out that Mimi took a trip to the hospital's ER after sticking a pea up her nose! YIKES!!! I'm sure she's ok...although I think I'll call her today and see what motivated her to try out that new little trick!!

But I digress...the card...I'm actually entering this little darlin' into this week's LOTV Challenge. The theme is Winter Fun!! I think this fits!!
Here's my recipe:
Cardstock: Garden Green & White from SU
DPs, fabric, & button: SU
Copics: see photo below; plus I used E21, 00, 000, 0000 for skin
Ribbon & rubies (LOL...just kidding): my stash
Nestabilities Round Lace Die with silver Holiday Ribbon woven through it
Frosted Lace Stickles & Polar White Flower Soft for snow & falling snowflakes
White fun flock: for the pom pom on her hood Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your sweet comments. I love hearing from all of you. Until next time...happy crafting!! Pat

4 comments:

paola said...

You've been real busy, two posts in one day, sure they aren't missing you at the office? This lotv card is fabulous Pat, i love what you've done with the edge of the die, threading that beaded garland through, beautiful! Your coloring on this is fabulous!
smiles
Paola

sandy said...

Ok, this is the deal - I subscribe to your blog and if Paola had not called me today, I would have never seen the two new cards you have posted -- The LOTV card is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, fantastic! I gotta start making Christmas cards fast!
Sandy

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat, this is just stunning! Your coloring beats everything I've ever seen before and your design talent is outstanding. This is soooo pretty!
Hugs,
Barb

PepPop said...

Would Mimi be your granddaughter that is giving her parents a lot of grey hair by any chance? :)

Beautiful card and I love how you've woven the sparkles through the nesties. Stunning. Jaqui x