Sunday, October 31, 2010

Holiday Pink & Pearls

Hi friends...it's the weekend. YAY!!! That means I get to hang out with my sweet hubby AND it means I get to spend some time in my craftroom...YAY again! Here's a cute little Christmas card that I just finished and wanted to share with you. I chose some really beautiful DP from October Afternoon called "Sing the Carols" that I picked up at a local craft shop in town. I just love this design...actually, it's double-sided...with music on one side and pink with ivory snowflakes on the other side...so it's perfectly color-coordinated! I thought it would be perfect for Totally Tilda's "Pink and Pearls" challenge HERE. I used a sweet little image...some of you may recognize her...her name is...TILDA (teehee)!!!! Actually she's called "Vintage Tilda" and is from the "Very Merry Little Christmas 2010" collection. I have Tilda sitting on top of a "Magnolia" Christmas Ornament...both images can be found at Magnolia-licious. Don't you just love Tilda's freckles?!! I do!! Perfect little angel kisses on the bridge of her nose...er, that is, if she actually had a nose!

So here's the rest of the "recipe" I used in making this little card:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla & Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Lace square, circle, & snowflake dies: Nestabilities
Snowflake punch: Martha Stewart
Snowflake edge paper punch: EK
"Merry Christmas" sentiment: SU
Inside Christmas sentiment: Just-Rite
Stickles & Polar White Flower Soft
Ribbon, pearls, and flowers: my stash
Ink for sentiments & edging around image: Cherry Cobbler from SU
Copic Sketch Markers (see photo below) I should also tell you that I spent nearly all day trying to figure out how to get the cute little watermark (available from Whimsy Stamps) on my photos. No, it's not really a difficult process...for most humans on the planet Earth...but for me...another major accomplishment. YAY ME!!! So...I hope you enjoy this little card...and, as always, thanks soooooo much for stopping by for a peek! See you soon...Pat

36 comments:

LindaC said...

This card is absolutely beautiful. You did an awesome job inside and out. Sure glad you corrected your post so I could enjoy this card. Lovely! Linda C

Candy said...

HI Pat!
Wow what a pretty card! Lovely colouring job. I need to ask you how you paint your cheeks? I keep getting circles that drive me nuts!!!
Congrats on figuring out your Watermark. I can't do it :o(
So happy to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend with DH and your cards :o)
Hugs, Candy

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Pat! such a lovely Christmas card, The pearls around the die cut are really lovely, Tilda is so cute sitting on the this big ornament... hem. I should have ordered it! The inside is also fabulous.
Hugs.
Danielle.

shelly said...

A beautiful Christmas card!! I love the pearls around the frame. Your coloring is awesome as usual =) I really love the freckles on her uhm nose? TFS!! I've missed seeing your Maggie cards!
hugs,
Shell

Dena said...

Pat! This is just so pretty!!! Look at those gorgeous pearls and the flowers and the details galore! There is a lot of love put into this card!!!! Beautiful!
Hugs, Dena

Card Crazy said...

She's so pretty with all the flowers and ribbons and bows. I love the pearls intertwined in the frame and the hint of music dp in the background.
Sue S.

Rene said...

Wow! This card is SO pretty! So many beautiful details! Fantastic!

Julie said...

This is so pretty Pat. Another lovely card!

Hugz,
Julie

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat,
I hope you are feeling better now.
Your card is delightful. I love everything about it especially Tilda's red hair. I love how you have threaded the pearls throught the spellbinder die. Gorgeous on the inside as well.
Hugs marion (Maz)

Cami said...

Oh Pat, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you wove that strand of pears through the die-cut piece! Beautiful embellies! Hugs, Cami

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! What a BEAUTIFUL card, I really love it and your coloring is awesome.

paola said...

Asolutely LUSH! with classy embellies, love the flowers and again the way that you threaded that beady string through the edge of your die cut, gotta look out for some of that. Another FABULOUS little masterpiece my friend
smiles
Paola

Cordine said...

She's stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Madmummie said...

absolutely gorgeous card

Kim said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the details and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lisette Morris said...

WOW! Stunning! I love this card! Just Gorgeous!

Shelley said...

What a pretty card! Love all the pinks and pearls that you used. Yo did a wonderful job on this card. The recipient will be proud to display it.

Charlotte said...

Pat, What a beautiful card. Love the colors and all the details.
Angeluver2

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh Pat she is absolutely delightful! Love how you've got her on the tree ornment. Your flowers and bow are perfect and it's simply delicious how you weave the tiny ribbon pearls through your die!
Hugs,
Barb

Myrna said...

Pat this is beautiful! Love the pearls intertwined in your Nestie. Great coloring job too.

charlene said...

Pat your card is just amazing I love everything about it !
Hugs

Leslie Avila said...

Pat,
Love this color combination. I think the red is the perfect pop color! You've colored this precious Christmas Tilda fabulously! Always a pleasure to browse your blog!

Happy Halloween Pat~

Leslie Avila

sandy said...

Pat your cards are beautiful and you do nothing but get better!
Sandy

Pam S. said...

oh Pat! Your Tilda is adorable! wonderful coloring! Just a delightful creation that makes me smile! Love seeing how you used the big Spellbinders flake on the inside...gotta remember that! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Pen to Paper said...

Wow Pat, this really is a work of card art!!! It is so beautiful and your work is really inspiring.

Hugs,

Jackie

Pops x said...

This is gorgeous sweetie i love the image and teamed with fab papers too hugs Pops x x x

Angela said...

Oh that is just lovely! Gorgeous coloring and I love the pearls weaving in and out of the die cut. So feminine and sweet! Love it! hugs, Angela

Chris said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love all of the elements and the colors are perfect! I love it!

XO,
Chris

cathylynn said...

You always create such works of art and this one is no exception. Those colors, DP, sweet freckled Tilda on a Christmas bulb are just so beautiful along with the flowers and everything else. I just love your card!!!!!

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the pearls intertwined with the border.

Lynne said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!! I love the pearls - just gorgeous!! thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda xx Lynne xx

Maria Therese said...

Wow! This is gorgeous and sweet!!

PepPop said...

Gorgeous card and love the detailing, stunning work. Jaqui x

Christine said...

Stunning Tilda creation thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda pink/pearls challenge.

smiles Christine &TT DT girlies xx

cabio's craft corner said...

sorry for the late visit Pat, here I come playing catch up, lol
Stunning card and love the pearl chain around the frame. Beautiful coloring on Tilda and pretty inside as well as the outside :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

I just found some cards on your blog that I did not comment on -- what happened? Where was I? Out to lunch - dead ?!!

I love all your cards - I wouldn't want to miss a single one!!
Sandy