Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sugar Bowl Challenge # 46....

Hi friends...I just got back from a conference in Chicago...it was such fun...Chicago is an amazing city...especially if you're a "foodie"! My sweet hubby and I ate at some of the most amazing restaurants while we were there...my fave was a place named "Tru". We had a 9-course meal...little tastes of all kinds of spectacular goodies...PLUS we had "pre-dessert", "dessert", and then "after dessert" sweeties!! Yum! Oh, and speaking of sweeties...here's my first card created in my new role as a "Sweetie" DT member for The Sugar Bowl Challenge!! Challenge # 46 is Marlene's sketch and theme..."for the boys"!
Now, I know, boy cards can sometimes be challenging...but get this, the prize (chosen by random drawing) is uber fab!!

* a 6-stamp pick'n'mix of Sugar Nellie Stamps (wait til you see some of their new, seriously irresistable Simply Sassy stamps HERE)

AND

* a set of Spellbinders "Eyelet Sqaures" Nestabilities!!

So you definitely do NOT want to miss this Sugar Bowl challenge!!You can find more info on this challenge HERE. I had such fun with this little Sugar Nellie image by Diane Duda called "Puppy Dog Tails". I think he's kinda cute!! You can get him HERE.

So...here's the rest of my card "recipe"...

Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, & Black from Stampin' Up
DPs: Cosmo Cricket "Matilda" Collection
Ribbon: Dusty Durango and Garden Green button (SU)
Inks (background & edging): Garden Green & Not Quite Navy (SU) and Memento black
Copic Sketch Markers (see photo below)
Grass: Flower Soft Shamrock Green & Nut Brown
Sentiment: Stampin Up "Teeny Tiny Wishes"
Charm: Bunny Zoe's (I think) So, that's all for now...thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. I'll see you all soon...and best of luck with this fun "for the boys" challenge! Pat

14 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Pat!! And yes this is a awesome image :)

~ Ali ~ said...

Love this image too a fabulous caed fellow Sweetie :D Chicago sounds amazing. Have a super day. Hugs Ali x

Maria said...

This is so cute Pat! Am drooling over your colouring and I love the papers you've used. The Flower Soft under the pooch is just the perfect touch. Hugs, Maria

Tracy V. said...

Welcome back Pat!!! Super cute card, great for a little boy!!!
Tracy V

Elaine said...

Fab card Pat.
Great image for a boys card, and your colouring is perfect. Super choice for the papers.

So glad you were picking to be a Sweetie.

Love Elaine xx

Erika said...

Hi Pat thanks for the lovely comment. I love your layering on your card and the image from Diane Duda always makes me smile as it is my boys in the garden. Great boy card. x

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat!
So glad you liked Chicago....I lived there for many years!

Kiki said...

Hi Pat!

Your card is so gorgeous! The image is so cute and you've colored it perfectly! Great job!!!

Hugs, Kiki

Tiets said...

what a great coloring with copics!!! and I love you card!
hugs Tiets xx

sandy said...

I think he is as cute as your are - and as quirky too!
Sandy

Pam S. said...

Fabulous Pat! love your creation! So many fun things to look at but that image is so everlasting CUTE! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Pops x said...

This is really great love your choice of image and colours, big hugs love Pops x x x

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh this is just too cute for words my friend! What a fun card, beautifully colored and delightfully NOT a Halloween type card. Fun, fun, fun!
Hugs,
Barb

PepPop said...

Great card and great image. Love the frog :) Jaqui x