Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloween for the Grandkids!

Hi friends...phew...I have just finished making 5 cards...one for each of our 5 grandchildren. Talk about a marathon craft-fest! You may remember that I was planning to take some Magnolia images and my Tim Holtz distress inks with me on vacation so that I could practice a bit. Well...here they are. Don't ask me what colors I used because I honestly didn't write them down...I was on vacay, after all! LOL! I used a variety of Halloween DPs as well...I mixed and matched Martha Stewart, Recollections, Cosmo Cricket, and Basic Grey DPs. I also used cardstock from Stampin Up. Then I added charms, rhinestone swirls, raffia lace, prima flowers, various ribbons, tulle, and a bit of Viva Pearl Pen. Of course I used a healthy helping of Crystal Stickles...and the spider web punch (by MS). I had such fun making these...and I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the results...so take a breath, grab yourself an adult beverage, and put your feet up...because this could very well be the longest post in the history of blogdom!!

This first card is for our oldest granddaughter, Emma. She's 11 and in 6th grade. But she still loves halloween! Emma's at that in-between age. You know...between little kid and teenager. We have such fun together. She's my best friend!!!

This one is for her sister, Sophia, who will be 5 in December. Soph likes getting cards...her mom told me that she's been known to draw noses and mouths on the Tilda's I've sent her! hehehe!


This little sweetie is for our sweet little Ava who is 6 and in 1st grade. Her favorite color is...ta da...ORANGE!! I think she'll like this little Tilda.

Here's a cute little Tilda "devil" for our darling little Mia. Mia will be 4 in December...and she is single-handedly giving her parents lots and lots of grey hair!! I find her antics to be completely entertaining. Oh...and her fave outfits are anything that include a tutu!!!


And finally, this last little card...Edwin...is for our one and only grandson, Brody. Brody is 6 years old and is in 1st grade. He is cute and funny and is absolutely his father's mini-me!! Brody loves Halloween as much as his dad! So, there you go...5 cards for 5 incredible kids! (Can you tell that I am completely in love with our grandkids?!!) Thank you all for stopping by to visit...and, as always, thanks for your comments. You're so good for my ego!! I'll be back soon...I have several projects in the works...but next time I promise not to be so long-winded!! Have a beautiful evening/day. See you soon...Pat

23 comments:

Card Crazy said...

Your grandkids are gonna love these. Such adorable cards! Too cute!!!
Sue S.

Stephanie said...

So, so darling! Each and every one of them! Adorable!

Abbylicious said...

Absolutley adorable, sooo talented! I'm sure your grandkids will LOVE them!
Judy

Deb said...

They are absolutely fabulous, Pat. Your grandkids will love them.

Deb H.

PaulaM said...

Pat, these are ADORABLE. I love each and everyone - such uniqueness in all of them.

Barb Hardeman said...

These are all absolutely, fantastically, bootiful! Now where did you find the little witches hat charm on card #2! Each one is so unique and so beautifully colored! Congrats on winning the marathon! (the crafting marathon LOL)
Hugs,
Barb

Kim said...

These are adorable, each and every one!! I'm sure the Grandkids will love them. You are so very talented. TFS!!

Pam S. said...

Awesome coloring Pat! Adorable creations!
TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Jean said...

Oh goodness Pat, they are all so adorable.. couldn't pick one out of the five to be my fav.. they all stand out in each their own way. coloring is so great on each as is the layout.. papers and accessries are fabulous.. and the insides are gorgeous.. great job.. I bet the kids are all going to enjoy them.. oh and I wouldn't mind one too....
Hugs, Jean

Leslie Avila said...

Omg, Pat, you've been such the crafty little bee. Super job on all of your cards. Your coloring looks fabulous! Your grandkids are going to love these! Thanks so much for sharing. You inspire me!
Blessings to you~
Leslie Avila

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Pat, what a busy lady you were. These are gorgeous and adorable. Can I be your grandaughter (overage, hehe) for this Halloween? LOL
Hugs,
Cabio

Rene said...

Oh gosh, they're all so cute I don't know which one I like best...maybe the last one...no the third one...no..oh I just love them ALL! :D

shelly said...

Hi Pat,
It looks like you had so much fun making your Halloween cards! They are all awesome and so beautifully colored. I love the backgrounds =)
hugs,
Shell

paola said...

These all turned out absolutely gorgeous Pat, i love that MS punch of spider webs and the paper you've used is to die for, absolutely perfect, couldnt have been better! I could kill for all those little accessory stamps that you girls in the States have, love the lush bow, oh my word!
smiles
Paola

Candy said...

Yes! I can tell you love your Grandchildren and I am sure they love you also!!
Five special cards for five special little ones.
Each one made special for them and all as cute as cute can be. What a lot of fun you must have had making them!!
Wonderful work!!
Hugs, Candy

angel4031 said...

WOW they are all gorgeous xx

Angela said...

Awww.. what lucky grandchildren you have to receive these works of art! Each card is just beautiful and I love those sweet papers you found to work with! Also love those sweet charms. I will need to look for some of those! Fantastic!! hugs, Angela

Myrna said...

What a bunch of awesome cards! I'm sure they treasure their cards from grandma!! Great job!

sandy said...

Alright already -- I give up - you wind the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sandy

Kathy Gerace said...

What a lucky group of grandkids. Those cards are gorgeous! Everyone of them is unique and very nicely done.
Kathy Gerace

Maria said...

Oh Pat! These are simply fabulous!! Your grandkids will love them. I can tell that these were a labour of love as they are beautiful inside and out. Awesome colouring with the distress inks as well. Hugs, Maria

Lisette Morris said...

Oh my! Your grankids will absolutely love these! They are fabulous!

Deb said...

My goodness - haven't you been busy!! The grandchildren are very lucky - I hope they keep these cards in their treasure boxes to look at in years to come. Fabulous Pat - terrific job!!