Monday, October 11, 2010

7 Kids Challenge # 5

Hi friends. Happy Monday! Yes...I should be at work but I just needed to post this before I head into the office. I made this sweet little card for my mother-in-law. You may remember, she just celebrated her 91st b-day! She's busy swimming and line dancing and volunteering with Hospice. Plus, she belongs to a dance team that performs for people in nursing homes! I should have HALF of her energy!! LOL! But...I digress...back to the card... You may remember this little Tilda & Edwin image from the Autumn collection. I think it's called "Brother & Sister"...but, I swear, I never EVER got this close to any of my brothers when I was a kid! hehehe! Anyway...I thought they made a perfect Halloween image...they look just a wee bit frightened! I paired this image with Magnolia's Oak Tree image...and will enter it into 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog for Challenge # 5 HERE. Here's a close-up of Tilda & Edwin. Here's a side view (sorry, a little blurry)...I doubled up on my dimensionals to really prop Tilda & Edwin out from the card. I like the result. Inside & back of the card. Here's my recipe...
Cardstock: Stampin Up black
DPs: Cosmo Cricket "Matilda"
Spider web punch: Martha Stewart
Flowers, ribbon, & rhinestones: My stash
Sentiment: SU "Teeny Tiny Wishes"
Flower Soft: Autumn (leaves); Shamrock Green mixed with a little Nut Brown (grass)
Glossy accents: Tilda's "Mary Janes"
Here's a pic of the Copics I used. I will tell you that I used E21, 00, 000, & 0000 for skin; E25, 99, 33, & YR 21 and 20 for the hair; and E59, 25, 33, 99, & 53 for the tree bark. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by for a visit...and thanks for your comments...they mean so much to me! Have a beautiful day/night (wherever you are). See you soon...Pat

32 comments:

KayBeHybrid said...

wow.. Pat, the card is sooo beautiful.. i love all on it.. ♥

Hugs, Katrin

Silvie Z said...

Wonderful card, Pat! Beautiful papers and you coloring is amazing!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Pen to Paper said...

Pat, I love the Brother and Sister stamp from Magnolia. You are so creative. I love all the different panels on your cards. Very cool!

Hugs,

Jackie

Madge H. said...

Oh Pat! This is so perfect. Your coloring is amazing!! Beautiful! So glad you got back online to share. (P.S., I think Edwin is protecting Tilda - the image is just tooooo sweet).
Rubber hugz, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge

Debbie said...

Playing catch up and boy did I miss some gorgeous stuff. Love every inch of this card.

sandy said...

Of all you Halloween cards - this is my favorite -- now I have to have the stamp - oh woe is my bank account!
Sandy

Tracy V. said...

I love it Pat!! It's just gorgeous. I totally look at this and see two frightened kids! Funny how versatile this ended up being. You saw scared kids (which I see now too, thanks to your beautiful layout) and I saw best friends (hubby and wife) LOL Very cute!
Tracy

Jean said...

Just the most precious thing. You followed the challenge so perfectly.. coloring is so amazing. the papers are great. love all your embellishments and love that MS spider web punch.. Great card... love the inside
Hugs, Jean

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat you're really on a roll with these sweet Halloween cards! This one is just delightful! Your coloring and design are fabulous!
Hugs,
Barb

Catherine Atkinson said...

Great card. It's funny the different emotions that stamp can convey. In this case, they look kinda scared. In others, they look like kids in the middle of a disagreement.

Pam S. said...

super, super cute! I have this image too and need to get busy on them! Your cards are inspiring for sure! Lovely coloring Pat! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

PaulaM said...

Beautiful - as always. I do love that image too - and I think I am getting that one in the mail - maybe it will come today! :)

Myrna said...

Pat, this is adorable! Love the colors you used on them. Love the flower soft on the tree. Great card once again!

Regina said...

Pam!!! Absolutely adorable. The colors are wonderful and your coloring is perfect!!! LOVE!!!!
Hugs
Regina

cabio's craft corner said...

Ok Pat, see jaw dropped on the floor? It's gorgeous. You attention to details is awesome. Beautiful coloring on this image and your take on of the sketch is awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Corinne said...

Very nice card. Your coloring is wonderful. Love the colors.
Hugs~
Corinne

Lisa said...

Precious card Pat...love those colors! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

Claralesfleurs said...

Waw! Your card is amazing! Good luck for this challenge!

Hug

Clara

Lisette Morris said...

WOW! Adorable! I love the Flowersoft on the tree, it's perfect!

Lisa Andrews said...

Spooktacular card Pat!! Great job with my sketch! I love the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids.

Leslie Avila said...

Okay Pat, you have all the awesomely cute stamps! This one is next on my wish list. So stinking cute. Love your Fall colors and the petal fluff stuff (that's the technical name for that stuff...lol) on the tree. Another winner! Keep them coming!

Hugs from Georgetown, TX
Leslie Avila

jodyb said...

Pat, this is absolutely adorable! You are so creative! When I come up to Richmond, I hope I can meet up with you sometime.... I'm coming up in November to get copic certified - I'm so excited!
Thanks for sharing - Jody

Rene said...

Oh Pat! This card is divine! So pretty and the inside is so spooky! :D

Fantastic!!!

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
Your M-I-L sounds like an awesome lady :o)
She will love your card - it is soooo sweet and beautifully coloured.
Hugs, Candy

Debby said...

Fabulous card!love the inside too and your custom stamp;)

Manuela said...

Amazing card, Pat! ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Kim said...

Your card is gorgeous!! The details are stunning, and your coloring is awesome! Love your custom stamp, would love to know where you got it. TFS!
Hugs,
Kim

Diane said...

Fabulous card, Pat - I love all the detail on it and your colouring is fantastic!
Diane x

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness....how special is this!!!! Your Halloween card is phenomenal. Fabulous coloring and fantastic layout.

Lisa Summerhays said...

So cute. The inside is as wonderful as the outside! Love it!!

Norma said...

Pat, what a gorgeous card. Love the colours and your colouring is amazing. Love your use of the flower soft and the spider web paper in the inside. I'm still not sure how I feel about this brother and sister image. I think it's suppose to be Edwin hugging Tilda, but to me it looks like he's choking her...LOL.
BTW your mother-in-law sounds like an amazing lady at 91.

Hugs.
Norma

Julie said...

Another fabulous card Pat! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

Julie