Thursday, October 17, 2013

We're doing "Vintage" this week at Mo's!

Wheet whoo!! It's Thursday already . . . and time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week, my talented friend and DT sistah, Cathy is hostess!! And she's chosen one of my all-time fave themes . . .
"Vintage"

And, of course, since I'm in full Christmas mode these days, well what can I say? Here's a little "vintage" Christmas card!
This fabulous Mo Manning image is called "Ragged Santa" . . . and you can find him HERE in Mo's online store. I just love him . . . and think he's perfect for this week's "vintage" theme! What do you think? Here's a closer look . . .
I feel as though many of my cards lately have been rather "under-embellished" . . . and that's sooooo not like me!! But . . . ta da . . . NOT THIS ONE! hehe!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My Card Recipe:
Image printed on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Cherry Cobbler cardstock: Stampin' Up
Kraft cardstock, DPs, & most embellies: my stash
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Fence die: Magnolia
Ivy & circle dies: Memory Box
Tag die: Magnolia
Martha Stewart edge punch
Flowers, lace, & wooden deer : Wild Orchid Crafts
Inside sentiment stamp: My stash
All edges inked with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink pad
Aged Ivory Frantage
Liquid Applique (for fur trim)
Copic & Shin Han markers

A peek at the inside . . . 
And, finally, the "artsy" view . . .
I've decided to enter this card into Deep Ocean Challenge #62 "Christmas is 'Round the Corner

Okey dokey, 'darlins!! I ho-ho-hope you liked my little vintage Santa card!! Please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous creations by my clever and talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Thanks so much for visiting! Until next time . . . .

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Well Ms Pat, he did come out cute. But what's up with good Old St. Nicks green pants!!! Only kidding it is Amazing girlfriend!!!! love all the detail you added to this both inside and out.

See you later gater
Hugs
Debbie

Avril Ann said...

Oh Pat, I could look at this all day, a super card hun, with so much going on, love, love xxx

Mau xx said...

Well my lovely friend you certainly do Vintage well thats for sure! This is gorgeous, I love all the detail on it, such a lot to look at. Great papers too, and the inside is stunning!
Hugs Mau xx

Nicolchen said...

Hi Pat...your Vintage X-Mas card is simply gorgeous...wonderful details and I love this images so much :0)))

Have a nice day ;0)

Hugs Nicole

caroline said...

your card is amazing pat, so much detail, just wow i love it
caroline x

Amanda R said...

What a perfect image for a vintage card! This is wonderful and now you are "making" me need some of those deer!

Candy said...

Pat,
Your card is wonderful, and very vintage!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Dena said...

Pat!!! You rock girlie! This card is sooooo gorgeous! Such awesome vintage colors and GREAT coloring!
Hope you are well sweet friend!! Glad you are in the Christmas mode, I can't seem to get there yet haha!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Dena

Tracy said...

Umm umm umm...scrumptious! I have got to break out the Fran-tage Amanda sent me to try out. Love the look of it. Gorgeous vintage vibe Miz Pat. Hugs!

Za ovinkom said...

Awesome vintage look Pat! LOve image and all details on image.
Jasmina

Ann English said...

I'm nearly speechless over this beauty! LOVE this, Pat!

Kim Bell said...

Pat!!
Love your card!! Love your special details!! You do amazing cards! Now I have to add Santa to my list!! smiles

Hugz
Kim

Franz♥ said...

Love your design and colouring Pat and all the accents you added make this card sooo special!

Hugs, Franz.

AnjaCardz said...

Good girl! You all are already making Christmas cards ... and I don't like to think of Winter! ;-)
Your vintage card is true perfection, sweety! Ragged santa is gorgeous for this weeks theme and I love all the details you added and of course the puffy fur!

Sending big hugs,
Anja

Sassy Raggedy said...

Awesome...Just so much to see on this card and that makes it beautiful...Hugz, joann