Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We're doin' "Lace & Handmade Flowers" at Sassy Cheryl's!

Well, well, well! Here it is . . . another fabulous Tuesday!! Why fabulous, you ask? Well . . . for lots of reasons . . . health and happiness and beautiful weather . . . oh, yeah . . . and because it's time for super-de-duper challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!!  Wheet whoo! My sweet friend and talented (yet cleverly sassy) Cathy (hey . . . Sassy Cathy . . . that has a nice ring to it, huh?) is our hostess this week!! And Miz Cathy would like to see us make something with  . . .

Lace & Handmade Flowers!

So . . . I decided to try something a bit different!! Brace yourselves!! You are about to witness the full extent of my "sewing" abilities!! hehe! Wait for it . . . .  
Fabric Flowers!! Cool, huh?!! OK . . . so . . . allow me to introduce you to two of Sassy Cheryl's newest digi images!! Meet "Maddie and her Ladybug" AND "Max and his Ladybug"!! I just couldn't decide which of these two sweethearts to color up this week . . . so I did what any indecisive person would do! I used them BOTH! hehe!! I actually merged these two cutie patooties . . . and erased the ladybugs! Why? Well . . . not because I don't love ladybugs. . . 'cuz I love them plenty!! I just thought that Maddie and Max - sans ladybugs - look like they're sharing some delicious gossip!! Here's a close-up . . . 
I have to tell ya, I just love the "vintage-y" look of these new images!! You can find them HERE and HERE in the "New" section of Sassy Cheryl's store!! Now . . . since Maddie and Max look kinda vintage-y to me, I decided to go with a totally "RETRO" feel with this card!! Lime green and teal blue . . . how fabulously retro is that?! And, can ya believe it? I found fabric to match! So . . . retro flowers too! hehe! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
  My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo cardstock: Stampin' Up
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sentiment:100 Proof Press
Corner die: Whimsy
Trellis punch: Martha Stewart
Lace, ric rac, fabric (for flowers), & buttons: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
I know . . . kinda bright, huh? Well . . . everything was bright and psychedelic in the 60's! hehe!! Oh . . . and since this is just an "anything" card, I thought this sentiment would be kinda fun . . . 
It pretty much says it all, right? Oh . . . and . . . let's not forget the "artsy" view . . . 
So, there ya have it!! Lace & handmade flowers . . . just for my sweet - and very sassy - Cathy!! Now do skip on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to take a peek at what my talented DT sistahs have been up to this week!! Then, grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's "Lace & Handmade Flowers" challenge! Remember . . . 

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Oh . . . and  one more super cool thing...
Sassy Cheryl's will be having a DESIGN TEAM CALL in June . . . 
so stay tuned for details . . . coming soon!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Until next time . . . hugs!


19 comments:

CHERYL GRANT said...

Well, limited as your sewing abilities are, I just LOVE those flowers are freakin' adorable! It's a stunning card, inside and out. I NEED this one too! LOL
Hugs, my sweet.

Dawn said...

oh... this is just too cute,cute,cute! I love them merged and, yes, sharing some juicy gossip!!! love the inside sentiment too! hehe
awesome yoyo flowers too...wow, impressive!

Shirley said...

I agree they are perfect and looking like they are sharing some juicy gossip. I have to tell you that you and Judy have me LOL over the merging images. GMTA!
The fabric flowers are awesome(just don't mention that it's your sewing limit and no one will ever know.)
What I love about your cards is the incredible job you do outside and in.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this is darling!! Love that you used these two cuties together. Your little yo-yo flowers are adorable. My Mom makes quilts out of those and that's what she calls them. Lol
~jeni :)

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Pat and I love the flowers. The image is so cute and a great sentiment inside.
Hugs Sharon. x

jkreucher said...

Oh Pat! How fun is this! we merged the same little cutie patooties!
Aren't they just so fun to color up and create with!
I love love these fantastic colors together.. I will be making some cards with them. very happy, eye catching!
awesome design as well!!
Good for you on the sunny weather, we had a down pour yesterday with very black skies.. today I see some blue out there.. so maybe it will be a good one for us too!
Hugs go ya
Judy

Linda Compton said...

Yum, I love blue and lime! Look at you sewing. Going to have to call you Betsy Ross! Anither good one Betsy!

Claire said...

This is so sweet - gorgeous image and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, this is so cute and adorable. I just love your color choice. Those pom flowers are wonderful.

Cynthia said...

Super sweet design - inside and out - Pat! Maddie and Max were meant to be together. Great coloring and fabulous fabric flowers!

Ea Christiansen said...

What a gorgeous card - inside and out. Love the color theme.
Hugz
Ea

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card, love the two together.
luv
Debby

Dianne said...

FANTASTIC creation, its all fabulous inside and out Pat, love the inside sentiment LOL,looove the flower, i have a box full of those rounds, well will be using them for flowers now yippee. Of course your coloring is perfect. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

Janie Printz said...

You are AMAZING Miz Pat !!!! You not only make gorgeous adorable cards but now you can see too.... Yoppppiee ...
Always puts a smile on my face seeing the wonderful things you come up with. I STILL can't figure out how to merge digis ... Is there a simple tute somewhere for it ...
Hugs, Janie

catherine said...

This is just beautiful Pat. Love the colours and your handmade flowers are so lovely
x catherine

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh I remember making those yo-yo flowers as you call them...They are lovely and everything matches perfectly...The inside sentiment is great. Wonderful job...joann sassy raggedy

p.s. Oh a design team call you say...hmmmm....

Cathy said...

I can't believe I have not commented on your beautiful card yet. You are getting so much closer to sewing LOL. Love your fabric flowers, for your beautifully created card. Matt and Maddie do look like they are having quite the confab the way you so wonderfully merged them :) Awesome as always GF!!!

Jackie Mooney said...

Pat your card is beautiful, as always, I LOVE your colouring and all your fancy detail!

Ann English said...

Incredibly beautiful, Pat!!! I LOVE the flowers. Incredible work!