Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Summertime" at Mo's!

Hap-hap-happy Thursday, my lovelies!! Hope your week is going well! I've been busy . . . although I can't, for the life of me, figure out what I've been busy with! hehe! Laundry and cleaning and, oh, right, hanging out in my studio making art!! That last one is my favorite thing to be doing!! hehe! Hey . . . speaking of studios and making art . . . it's time for a new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! The very lovely and talented Kat is our hostess this week . . . and she's chosen a fabulous theme . . .

"Summer's Coming"

And here's what I came up with . . .
OK . . . I know that most people think of swimming and playing outdoors in the sun when they think of Summer! Well . . . what about ladybugs? The come out in the Summer, right? hehe! Oh, alright . . . I confess, I just HAD to color this new image by Mo Manning!! I love her!! Here's a close-up . . .
Allow me to introduce "Baby Fairy Ladybug". Isn't she the cutest little thing you ever did see? You can find her HERE in Mo's online store.

Now, instead of a card, I decided to shake things up a bit and try something a little different. And, as luck would have it, I found this cute little red & white polka dot notebook while rummaging through my craft supplies recently! I just added a bit of black cardstock, some ribbon, and a few embellies . . . and VOILA!!
 My Project "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Matallic White paper
Black cardstock: Stampin' Up
Corner die: Whimsy
Ribbon, ladybugs, fabric flower, & pearls: My stash
White Frantage (I love this stuff!)
Copics & Colored pencils

And last, but not least . . . 
So, there ya have it . . .a fun little notebook that's perfect as an address book or for jotting down "Summer" plans! Please stop on over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the stunning "Summer" projects created by Kat and the rest of my talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple really! Just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the creating begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Sooooo . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for leaving such sweet comments! Hugs . . . 

23 comments:

Za ovinkom said...

Great color combination Pat! I love it! I lov your notebook! so beautiful!
Jasmina

AnjaCardz said...

I already told you how cute this is... But I now discovered that you made (pimped) a notebook (haven't done this for ages - thanks for the idea)!!! This is absolutely perfect, hun! Love those polka dots for the cutest ladybug ever and your super matching embellies are the icing of the cake!

Big hugs, Anja

Tracey Brossart said...

Such an adorable little notebook!
Hugs
xx Tracey xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous note book, love the colours, the papers and adorable image. Hugs, Claire x

catherine said...

This looks so fabulous Pat. A great image and such wonderful colours you have used
x catherine

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous Pat. Love love the image and I think it's very summery.
Omg I love how you have used the Frantage (I have only just discovered this stuff). Super notebook. Debbiex

Vicky said...

Fabulous hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Christina C. said...

Incredibly delightful image.....love this magnificent notebook cover!
Outstanding design work...love the polka dots!

Ellie said...

What a cute notebook Pat, I love how you decorated it and the image is so beautifully colored.

debby4000 said...

Such an adorable card, love it.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

Oh Pat, she is delightful!! Love her. Hugs Sxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

How adorable...And who would not love to have that cute little notebook...Gonna have to have me some of that Frantage stuff...Mo is really outdoing herself with all her wonderful images...hugz, joann

Melanie said...

Pat, this little book is absolutely stunning!
Love that new image and you've coloured it perfectly... everything fits together wonderfully.

Hugs,
Melanie

ednamburgess said...

Just a big Adorable! Edna

Elaine L. said...

Beautiful, Pat! That little polka dot notebook is perfect with that sweet image. I always love red white and black together, such a great combination.

Debbie said...

OMG Girlfriend First and foremost This is the Cutest little notebook I've seen. I love these and you know that, and second where have you been hiding. I hope to see you face on Skype later

Hugs
Debbie

Tracy said...

I have got to get on the ball. I must be the only one who isn't playing with Fran-tage. You dressed that little notebook up perfectly Pat. Cute as a bug. Hee hee. Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow is this ever darling! Love the texture, this absolutely gorgeous image, and the super papers. Well done.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

oh my oh my oh my! I think I found another Mo's fairy that I HAVE TO HAVE!!!! She is so stinkin' cute!! Love her! Your project is great! I love making something besides a card once in a while!
Blessings,
Michelle

Franz♥ said...

What a super lovely creation hun...it's a notebook! I didn't understand! I've her done for this week's challenge, had lot of fun colouring her!

Lots of hugs, Franz.

Iulia said...

Wonderful notebook, this image is just the perfect choice with all the reds and the embossing powder, looks awesome!

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!
Wow, Wow stunning. I just love your project! She is so dang cute! I have the Frantage as well. I need to start using it. You always inspire me. Now is this a CAS project-smiles. Just saying. Love it sweetie

Hugz
Kim

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!
Wow, Wow stunning. I just love your project! She is so dang cute! I have the Frantage as well. I need to start using it. You always inspire me. Now is this a CAS project-smiles. Just saying. Love it sweetie

Hugz
Kim