Thursday, May 16, 2013

Red, White, & Blue at Mo's!

Greetings . . . and happy Thursday, my darlings!! Are you ready for a new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog? I know I am!! I tell ya, I do love Thursdays!! Now . . . did you know that tomorrow (May 17th) is Norwegian National Day? It's true!!
And, since our talented DT sister, Tine, (who lives in Norway) is our hostess this week, she's chosen Norway's flag colors for our challenge theme . . .

"Red, White, & Blue"

So, you see . . . not only do you get to see cards here . . . you get information about current affairs!! Thanks to Tine, that is!! So . . . red, white, & blue it is . . . (well, there's a teensy bit of yellow in my card this week . . . try to ignore those parts! hehe!) What'cha think?
So . . . here's the deal . . . I've loved this adorable Mo Manning image since it first came out! But I had no idea what kind of card I could make with it . . . until my eldest son told me recently that he's become a regular "Mr. Fixit"!! Apparently he's doing all kinds of fancy schmancy things in his house . . . painting, grouting, plumbing, etc.!! Why oh why doesn't he come stay with his mama for a while? I have plenty of fun home repairs to keep him busy . . . for at least a couple of weeks!! hehe!! Alas . . . I digress . . . back to my card!! Soooooo . . . I decided this little cutie would be perfect for a birthday card for Andy!! Here's a close-up . . .
This little guy is called "Fixer (boy)" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. This darling image is also available as a girl HERE! Here's my card from the side. . . sort of . . .
 My Card "Recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla & Red Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: "Assembly Too" available at Nitwits
Corner die: Whimsy
Hardware, ribbon, & front sentiment: Stampin' Up
Inside sentiment: A-Muse
Charms: The Charm Store 24/7
Copics & Colored pencils

A peek at the inside (I added an pocket for a gift card to a home improvement store, of course!) . . . 

And one more pic . . .
I hope you've enjoyed my "Red, White, & Blue" creation! It sort of turned out "Clean & Simple" too! hehe! Maybe there's hope for me yet! Now . . . please visit Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by Tine and the rest of my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . .  just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the crafting begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been doing with my time! Until next time . . . 


18 comments:

Za ovinkom said...

Awww Pat, it's adorable!!! I love this image, you coloured it so beautiful. I like charm too.
Jasmina

Elaine L. said...

This is too cute, Pat! I love the ribbon detail and your perfect coloring! I'm always impressed with the way you finish off the insides of your cards, too!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Pat. Love the image and beautiful on the inside too.
x catherine

Mau xx said...

Hi gorgeous lady, how's ya doing xx
Love the card, aren't the colours fab! I must get my crafty time in this weekend :)
I love the image and those little tools are super. Like the note paper inside to add all your jobs to...lol
Hugs Mau xx

Ea Christiansen said...

What a gorgeous card.
Hugz
Ea

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME MZ PAT.XXXX

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Cute, cute, cute! That's a great image! Love him and your coloring! The charms you added are perfect! I think I need to do some charm shopping ;) I'll head over there now.... ;) lol
Blessings,
Michelle

Tracy said...

hee hee I'll say it again...I love all the hardware. I mean you just have to have some doodads on there with all the tools he's packing. Super duper cute Miz Pat! Hugs!

Cathy said...

Ms Pat, this is just to cute, He will love it, Guys always love to be "handy" and it really helps when they really are LOL. Love your tools and of course your Mr Fix-it is colored gorgeously. Always a joy to visit my dear!!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fantastic...Loving those wonderful charms. joann sassy raggedy

Amanda R said...

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile Pat but I always love coming by to see what you have been up to! Great card, especially since it is a boy one, that are my toughest ones. Hope you have been well.

Linda Compton said...

Saw this on Mo's and thought I recognized your work. Love it Pat. After your son finishes his house and your house, please send him to mine!

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, fabulous colouring.
luv
Debby

Iulia said...

Wonderful card, sweet Pat, full of gorgeous details and that tolls charm looks fantastic! Wow, this is just perfect for a boy and Andy would love it certainly!
You always do such an amazing job on each an d evry one of your creations!
Big hugs, Iulia

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!!
I just love it. I can't believe we both did the same image? LOL. I guess we were both thinking the same thing? LOL. I just love your card just stunning! Tons of inspiration.

Hugz
Kim

Franz♥ said...

I always have problems on create masculine cards, so this lovely masterpiece will inspire me a lot, nothing is hard for you and your talent!

Hugs, Franz.

AnjaCardz said...

Awww, I also love this cute guy and your card with him is so stunning, hun! Perfect papers meet perfect embellies and the colour combo fits so well! Absolutely fab take on Tine's challenge!

Big hugs, Anja