Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ummmm . . . I Forget . . .

Wheet whooooo!! It's Tuesday . . . and it's Spring . . . and I'm in such a hap-hap-happy mood!! It's time for another super-de-duper funtabulous challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!! And once again this week, the ever talented Miz Jackie is our hostess! And she's come up with the coolest sketch for us to use! Here . . . take a look . . .
Jackie's Sketch...
I have to admit, I nearly did something crazy with this sketch . . . you know, like turning it inside out or on its head or something!! But . . . I decided that, since Jackie worked so hard on this sketch (and since it's a very fun sketch), I'd keep it pretty much as is!! Here's my version . . . 
Now . . . this card is for my sister, Dee, who is having a birthday on Thursday. Right off the bat I have to say . . . "Dee, quick . . . avert your eyes . . . NOW!" hehe! She's such a sneaky peeker!! This precious Sassy Sally image is called "I Forget" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Isn't she adorable? And such a perfect image for so many occasions . . . like birthdays! hehe! Here's a close up . . . 
I almost never make Sally a blonde! She's almost always a redhead in my mind!! But today, she's blonde. Well . . . maybe "strawberry blonde"! Here's a bit of a side view . . . 
 My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Pool Party cardstock & seam binding: Stampin' Up
DPs: Miss Caroline's "Howdy Doody" by My Mind's Eye
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Charm: The Charm Store 24/7
Pearls: ZVA Creatives
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ric rac & safety pin: My stash
Inside corner dies: Whimsy
Inside "top" sentiment: Catslife Press
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
That sentiment just cracks me up!! Especially since my sister is 6 years younger than I am! bwahahaha!! Here's a close-up . . .

And . . . the "ahhhtsy fahhhhtsy" view . . .
And finally . . . check out the stamp on the back! hehehehe! (I have no idea where I got it . . . but it makes me chuckle!) . . .
And that's what I've been up to this week!! Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Jackie and the rest of my talented Design Teamies have created for this week's challenge?!! Then, we'd love for you to grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's "Sketch" challenge! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for taking the time to leave me such sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugs!


19 comments:

Bea und Doreen said...

wow - stunning card Pat.
Fabby colours, great design
perfect
Hugs
Doreen xx

Dawn said...

oh Pat... always a work of art INside and Out! just too cute! and love the hallmark back too!!! so true! hehe

Sassy Cheryl said...

LOL. . .how do you turn a sketch on it's head? You're a silly, silly girl!
I'm loving it my sweet Pat. . .and it certainly does SCREAM spring! Your sister is going to LOVE it. It's a stunner.

jkreucher said...

Omgosh! I love this! Inside and out as Dawn says! a master piece every week!
love the birthday sentiment- will have to remember that..
your sis is going to love getting this work of art from the heart!
hope your day is fantastic!
hugs to ya!

Ann English said...

You're amazing! Simple sketch transformed...how do you do I?! The sentiment is fabulous...I'll have to write that one one...b/c I won't remember it...getting, um, older! So cute!!!

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Christina C. said...

Your sister will treasure this beautiful creation!!!!! Lucky sister!

Sharon said...

I love this sketch Pat and will definitely be using it. Your card is gorgeous - love this sassy cutie and you have done a fab job with the design.
Love you stamp on the back - and so true.
Hugs Sharon. x

Debbie said...

I hope Dee loves it as much as me.

Hugs
Debbie

Sassy Raggedy said...

Pat, Pat, Pat my dear this is lovely....My head is already whizzing...lol The charm is wonderful, I always seem to forget them. Your sister will love it...joann sassy raggedy

Cathy said...

Your sister is one lucky girly!!!Hey since I was your long lost abandoned at birth twin I will just wait for mine K? Always a joy to see your beautimus creations and Sally as a strawberry blonde is good!!!Love everything about this one GF!!!

Candy said...

Hi pat,
Your sister will LOVE her card.
Another beauty for sure.
LOVE your sentiments :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

Dena said...

Just beautiful Pat! Your sister will love it. I think it is so fun to use those funny sentiments! Your inside looks are gorgeous as the outside!!!
Take care!
Dena

Cynthia said...

Oh, Pat, this is just precious! Great colors, design and fabulous sentiment. I Love it and so will your sister!

Jackie Mooney said...

Love your strawberry blond Sally and all those beautiful colours, your cards are Always full of beautiful detail inside and out, I Love them all :)

Dianne said...

Very clever Pat, I've made cards like this and they are hard well for me anyways, the card is gorgeous all those details amazing and you know your coloring, awesome, thanks for sharing this beauty and have a great day...

KraftyKim said...

Thanks for sharing Pat. Love the image and sentiments. So often the design of the inside isn't covered but love to see what you have done with yours - lovely!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Fabulous Dahling!!! All your girly embellishments are right on. I know your Sister will love this. That stamp on the back is so clever, love it. ~jeni :)

Dee said...

Yes, I do love the card - and have it proudly displayed on my shelf along with many others....you should have seen all the cool goodies I got as gifts toooooo !! My siter rocks.