Monday, April 22, 2013

Stitch . . . and I don't even sew!

Happy Monday, my darlings!! Can you believe that we're more than halfway through April already? I think we skipped Spring and jumped right into Summer here in Virginia! But, I swear, I'm not complaining! My sister, who lives in Minnesota, just had 4 inches of snow the other day!! Yikes! I almost made a Christmas card just to tease her about the snow . . . but then I decided I just couldn't do it! Making Christmas cards in April just seems unnatural . . . at least to me, anyways!!

So . . . I have a new Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you . . . and I have to say, I rather like how it turned out! What'cha think?
This quirky little image is from the Leanne Ellis collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. She's called "Stitch" (well, at least I think she's a "she", but I can't really be sure!) . . . and is available HERE at Funky Kits. What fun, huh? The ironic thing about me making a card like this is that I do NOT sew! hehe! In fact, my little Janome sewing machine is still safely sealed in the box (I got it 2 years ago!) What? I'm protecting it from dust!! LOL!! Ahem . . . sorry . . . I digress! As I was saying . . . I don't sew . . . but I sure love this image! It's "sew" fun and funky!! And I honestly do believe that people who sew are, indeed, artists!! Here's a close-up . . .
I did some serious digging into my "stash" of embellies for this one!! I think I may have added just about everything but the kitchen sink!! Here's kind of a side view . . .
I want to give a "shout out" to my friend Dena (from Dena's Stamping Corner)! I totally "lifted" her idea of pinning a torn piece of DP with teensy safety pins!! I love the look! Thanks girlfriend!!

My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
So Saffron cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Material Girl" from Cosmo Cricket
Cardboard cutouts: Maya Road
Silver embossing powder (used for "needle" and "scissors")
Pearls, raffia ribbon, & pins: My stash
Ticket sentiment & measuring tape ribbon: Tim Holtz
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
Fauz stitching stamp: LOTV
Colored with Copics & Colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .

And, the "artsy" view . . .
I sure enjoyed creating this funky little card!! Those of you who know me know that I like to shake things up now and again! hehe! And I think I did just that with this week's card!! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I really hope you've enjoyed looking at my newest Sugar Nellie project! I'll be back tomorrow with another new card!! Seen you then, I hope!! Until then. . . hugssssss!


14 comments:

Dee said...

Very clever card - I like all the goodies attached to it. You COULD sew if you'd bust out that machine you bought 5 years ago.... and, BTW we had 7" of snow and we're in line for 4-7 more tonight!! People are gonna start jumping out of windows here !! ENOUGH snow already! UNCLE !!!

Claire said...

This card is fabulous, love the image and the bright colours and all the sewing elements are just brilliant and I love the inside too. Hugs, Claire x

Debbie said...

Love this card Pat, very cleaver. Even though it is busy it's so planned aned the sketch is super. Gorgeous image too.
Dx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

SUPA CUTE!! I am lovin' all these different elements. Beautiful creation girl. ~jeni :)

catherine said...

This looks great Pat and such lovely colours. beautiful on the inside too
x catherine

Iulia said...

making a Christams card for your sis in July haha, that's something I would do hadn't she lives a few miles away:)). You're so funny and so is your "stitched " card. You always have to come up with something clever just to avoid stitching which is quite simple, and I mean it. You only have to plug in that stitching machine which you can find in that box you know exactly where:)).
I think I have a new challenge theme such called "stitching with the sewing machine"...lol.
Back to the card:0. The colors are fab, all those tiny details are soooo very "you", so cute and special and that green yarn bobine is such a clever idea.
Oh, and I just love the sentiment!
Hugs, Iulia

Christina C. said...

You crack me up!!!! Your card is absolutely delightful....love all the wonderful details...perfect!
Your stitching is impressive...LOL!

Boxofcolours said...

Your card is stunning - I have spent quite a while just staring in awe at all the elements you have fitted onto your card. Love the safety pins holding the paper tear together....so cute.
It is always such a treat to visit your blog Pat :)
Hugs
Jane

Debbie said...

I love what you did with this card, it is absolutely adorable with all your added touches especially the little safety pins on the top. You always rock your cards both inside and out. As for the Christmas card to you sister and Homer.. Go for it!!!! I am sure they'd love it..

Hugs
Debbie

Dianne said...

Wow Pat your cards are the BOMB,all the work you do on them is amazing, loooove the torn pieces inside, the front is well fantastic the image colored to perfection, its a joy to visit here always, have a wonderful day..

Janie Printz said...

Such a perfect "Pat" card made with your wonderful humor as only you can do. This is so perfect with your little details & the pins "pinning" your paper tear together is wonderful. Great little card Missy !!!
Hugs, Janie

Mau xx said...

This is fab Pat, I love all the sewing aids on it and super papers. You are so good at getting around the challenge themes, I would think sewing (stitches) and then go blank....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Janie Printz said...

I don't know what's going on Pat but I leave a comment on almost every post you make & they seldom show up. I MUST have something wrong in my comment section cuz I just feel so sad when I write a comment & it shows up but then when I get out of your comment section I go back & look & it's not there. It happens on so many posts of yours & so many others that it's got to be something I'm doing or not doing. Sure wish I could figure it out so I could leave "a little love" for those of you that so deserve it.
This is a beauty & I hope I get this little problem resolved ...
Hugs, Janie

Sassy Raggedy said...

Pat this is one of my favorites of all the cards you have made. I just love the colors and design of this card. Those small safety pins are just adorable. I love it...joann sassy raggedy