Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy B-day for a "Little" Sister . . .

Hey there, darlins! Can you believe it's Thursday already? I am delighted to say that we are finally having some beautiful Spring-like weather here in Richmond, Virginia, USA! Yay!! In fact, it's been so lovely outside that my sweet hubby and I have taken to walking in the late afternoons!! Our two furbaby boys (toy poodles) are hap-hap-happy campers, believe me!! Okey dokey . . . now that I've given you the latest weather report, let's talk about this week's fabulously fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! My sweet and crazy-talented DT sistah, Tracy, is our hostess this week! And Tracy has chosen as our theme . . .

"Fabric . . . "

That's right . . . she wants us to add some fabric to our projects!! Good news, though . . . "fabric" can also mean lace, twill tape, burlap, or cheesecloth/gauze . . . so I'm good to go with my "fabric-y" lace!! hehe! So . . . here's my card . . . .
I have to admit, I have always always LOVED this Mo Manning image! It's perfect for a card from one sister to another!! In fact, I've used this very image for a card that I gave to my sister last year!! She loved it!! Soooooo . . . when my 94-year-old mother-in-law commissioned me to make a card for her to give to her "baby" sister for her birthday, of course, I pulled out this precious - and somewhat quirky - Mo image!! Oh . . . this is funny . . . my MIL insists on paying me . . . so I told her she could give me $5.00 for the card! hehe! Family discount, don'tcha know?!  LOL!!! Here's a close-up . . .
This image is called "Stepsisters" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Can you see the taller one is giving her sister "rabbit ears"? hahaha! And those expressions . . . they crack me up!! Here's a side view . . .
 My Card "Recipe" . . .
Elegant Eggplant cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: "Time for Tea" available at Nitwits
Dies: Frilly Dies #7 (Go Kreate) & Magnolia
Sentiments: Stampin' Up & computer-generated
Baja Breeze seam binding: Stampin' Up
Pearls & feathers: My stash
Charm: The Charm Store 24/7
Flowers & pearl brad: Wild Orchid Crafts
Lace: The Ribbon Girl
Stickles
Picket Fence Crackle Paint: Tim Holtz
Copics & Colored pencil

A peek at the inside . . . 
Note: My mother-in-law's "little" sister is celebrating her 90th birthday! Isn't that delightful? That family has some serious longevity in their gene pool! Here's one more view . . .
 I hope you enjoyed my little card. And I really, really hope my MIL and her sister enjoy it! It really was such fun to make! Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by Tracy and the rest of my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . .  just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the crafting begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Until next time . . . 


17 comments:

catherine said...

This is just beautiful Pat and so nicely done inside and out. hope your enjoying your walks and glad you have some nice weather
x catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Sweetie...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sharon said...

This is stunning Pat. The image is adorable and beautifully coloured. Love the design and gorgeous embellishments.
Hugs Sharon. x

Debbie said...

This is one of my favorite images.. Always brings a smile to my face when I see it. Your MIL is going to love this for her little sister, how could she not love it, it is GORGEOUS!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Christina C. said...

Good heavens, Pat, this is not just a card....THIS IS A WORK OF ART!
Your coloring, as always, is out-of-this-world gorgeous and look at all those luscious embellishments...WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous as always, even if you are almost a cheater LOL. It is so gorgeous you are excused anyway GF. Your MIL and her lil sister will love it. You always do such beautiful work and your coloring is beyond gorgemous. Another beauty GF!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat - you do such good work of art on your card you give a steal for $5. With all the pearls, feathers, roses, lace, paper, ribbon and everything else yup not even to include your time/work. You chose beautiful colors! Enjoy the walks with the critters and the hubby!!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love the colors and there is always so much to take in with your lovely cards. Beautiful coloring with the image. joann sassy raggedy

Candy said...

Pat!
I get such a kick out of this image and you colour it so well LOL
Your card is sooo BEAUTIFUL. Love the layers, colours and design.
The feathers give it a lovely touch.
My favourite though is all the PEARLS - WOW!
Big Hugs, Candy

Za ovinkom said...

What a fabulous creation! I like layout, pearls.
Hugs,
Jasmina

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful work of art Miss Pat & as always it brings a smile to my face as I know it will to the recipient. GORGEOUS creation with all those pearls & wonderfully colored image.
Big hugs, Janie

..Karen said...

This is so beautiful! Love your color choices and your coloring is fantastic!

Dianne said...

Hey Pat, I'm so behind I'm way behind in my visiting sheesh..Look at that card beautiful inside and out I admire people who do that:):).The background is well, stunning all that layering,all those pearls, they way you wound it through the die cut,love the little feathers awesome, the pretty little flowers . Have a wonderful weekend, I know your granny will loooove it..

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Pat,
What a lovely card,
loving your colour combo,
simply delightful image,
hugs,
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie
I just love this card!! Awesome as usual. Your card are just stunning! I love that Go Krete die cut as well. I just got it today!I can't wait to play with it.

Hugz
Kim

Ayesha Ahmed said...

so inspiring ! amazing card i wish i could make card like this !