Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Showers . . .

Bring May flowers!! Well, at least that's what they're doing for me this week! It's Tuesday and, as always, there's another super-de-duper fun challenge over at  Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!! And, once again, the very lovely and talented Miz Dawn is our hostess!! And, for this week's theme she's chosen . . . can ya guess? . . . .

April Showers!

Seriously . . . I'm ready for some dry weather!! But, at least we've just been getting rain here in my little corner of the world! (Unlike my poor sister in Minnesota . . . who is still seeing snowwwww!!) So, for my project this week, I decided to just blow by the "April Showers" part . . . and focus on the "Bring May Flowers" thing! And, let me tell ya . . . I used lots and lots of flowers!! Take a look . . . 
Oh . . . sorry . . . I forgot to give ya a "sunglasses alert"!! hehehe!! I just had this idea that making a card with different colors of cardstock and lots of fun and funky flowers would be sort of cool!! So that's exactly what I did!! This is, of course, Sassy Sally!! I just love, love, LOVE this image!! It's called Just be Yourself and is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's online store!! This card is a simple "pocket" card . . . here's a peek at the back . . . 
 My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Sentiment tags: LOTV
Flowers, brads, & twine: My stash
Sentiment: A Muse
Colored with Copics, Shin Han, & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside card . . .

And . . . the "artsy" view . . .
And that's what I've been up to . . . just hanging out trying to dodge raindrops and find the flowers!! Please stop over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Dawn and the rest of my talented DT ladies have created for this week's challenge?!! Then, we'd love for you to grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's "April Showers" challenge! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . hugs!


17 comments:

A Casa di Ale said...

bellissima esplosione di colori...chissa' che ci porti la primavera

ciao da ale

Za ovinkom said...

This is just stunning and so creative Pat- I love it! I always love to watch the inside of your cards - so beautiful!
Jasmina

Dena said...

I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE THE CHEERY COLORS!!!!! Ok, enough yelling! This is right up my alley though! Bright colors make me happy!! haha! You did a great job on this one girlie!!!
My neighbor works at the Mayo Clinic as a dr. for 3 weeks out of the month and I am hearing the same stories from him about the snow in Minnesota, those poor people! Glad you are getting a little Spring!! We are almost full blown Summer now haha!
Hugs, Dena

Sassy Cheryl said...

LMBO. . .sunglass alert. Nope. . .not at all. It's bright, fun and gorgeous. . .just like you! What a stunner of a card. And yes. . .I'll take some of that dry weather! Blow it over my way. :)

Ann English said...

Absolutely LOVE this card! The coloring, the bright colors, the perfect interior...WOW!

Dawn said...

cute as can be! love allllll the flowers and brightness!!!!

Dee said...

WOWY-ZOWY ! I LOVE THE BRIGHT COLORS. You nailed this one!

Cynthia said...

I love the bright colors, Pat! It makes me smile. Fabulous coloring of this sweet Sally image. Great design to use some of the flowers in my stash!

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Pat. The flowers are fabulous. Such a bright and cheery card with a bright and cheery image.
Hugs Sharon, x

Claire said...

Love those flowers, big, bright and beautiful. Hugs, Claire x

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Pat. Just loving your bright colours and just what we need. Hope the weather settles down for your sister
x catherine

Linda Compton said...

Beautiful and fun card. I am glad you followed through your idea of using corful card stock . Didn't even need my shades! Lol

Debbie said...

Not only can you do soft and sweet, you can rock out the bright ones as well.. this is another GORGEOUS creation from my southern belle.

Now my little wanderlust are you going to be home this weekend?

Hugs
Debbie

Candy said...

A beautiful and very happy card, Pat!
Big Hugs, Candy

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

Love this Ms Pat, So bright and cheerful and Springy, unlike my day which includes getting Ice and Snow, come on it is May 1 enough already!!! This beautifully colored card just makes me smile, the image is just so fun and your embellishments and flowers have brought her to life. Perfect GF!!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Pat - So fun!! I think you are more than ready for spring! You have pulled out many of bright flowers lately! I know I'm ready to work in my flower beds! Beautiful card! So fun!
Blessings,
Michelle