Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Thinking of You" at Sassy Cheryl's

Hey there, m'darlins!! Here we are at Tuesday once again . . . wheet whoooooo! Are ya ready for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog? Well . . . I am! And, I gotta say, if ya haven't seen what Sassy Cheryl's been up to lately, please do check out her new blog "Illustrated by Cheryl" HERE . . . she's been "journaling" daily . . . and showing some really fun sketches of upcoming images. It's such fun to see what Sassy Cheryl (a.k.a. Sassy Sally's alter-ego, I'm convinced) has going on in that clever brain of hers! Oh, and speaking of Sassy Sally and new images. . . check out Sassy Cheryl's store HERE. I just know that I'll be ordering several new images each and every week if Sassy Cheryl keeps up this pace! hehehe!! And I say . . . "keep 'em comin'!"

Sooooooo, my sweet and oh-so-talented Sassy DT sistah, Dawn, is our hostess this week! And Miz Dawn has decided that this week's theme should be . . .

"Thinking of You"

Easy peasy, my sassy friend!! Here ya go . . . 
I just had to have this new Sassy Cheryl image . . . and, it seems that I was not alone . . . because several of my Sassy DT sistahs also made cards with this cutie!! Hehe! Great minds think alike!! You, of course, recognize Sassy Sally and her sweet little Bella, right? This darling image is called "A Penny for your "Thoughts" . . . and is available right HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis. Here's a close-up . . .
OK . . . here's the deal . . . I haven't made a "Tent Card" in a couple of weeks, so I thought . . . "what the heck!" Looking for an easy tutorial? HERE ya go!! I'm actually pretty pleased with how this turned out. Here's a side view . . . 
My card "recipe" . . .
Crumb Cake & Night of Navy cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Fair Skies" by Farmhouse Paper Co.
Corner dies: Whimsy
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Jute & pearls: My stash
Copic Sketch markers & color pencils

Another side view . . .
And, of course you've come to expect the ever-popular "artsy fartsy" view, right?! Well . . . how 'bout this for "artsy"??  . . .
And that, my friends, is what I've been up to! Now . . . please visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what my talented DT sistahs have created this week! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, for your very sweet comments! Great big "sassy" hugs!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Ca-Yute!! Love the tent card and dangly sentiment!! Yup, Sally and Bella sure are popular!!! snort!

Chris x said...

Beautifully coloured as always and yes, the new images are brill!
Hugs Chris x

Jary said...

In all my years of cardmaking I have never made a tenet card. Yours is such an inspiration -think I'll try one today!! Love those cute new Sassy Cheryl cuties!! Jary

Boxofcolours said...

Oh that image is just so cute - as always my friend your card making is amazing!!
Hugs
Jane

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous tent card, Pat! Love the dangling sentiment in the window. Fabulous coloring of Sassy Sally and Bella as well!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Easy? No! Gorgeous? Yes! And yep, I'm totally used to your 'artsy fartsy' views and I love them as always. What a beautiful and elegant card!!!!

jkreucher said...

Rich, Elegant, Whimsical and fun!
I love every amazing detail of this beauty!
Awesome different colored polkadots on the shirt:)
amazing coloring--as always!
hugs to ya
Judy

Cathy said...

My sweet Pat, I absolutely Love this card. Love the multi colored polka dots on Sassy Sally's shirt, too fun. The embellishments are perfect as always. Love everything about your cards as always and always look forward to the ArtsyFartsy look LOL.

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Oh what unique paper you have used!
Love the dangly from the tent card.
This is such a darling image and you have coloured Sassy and her sweet Bella great!
I can't get over how you have cut them out so perfectly! Love the tiny pearls you have put in her bow and on her shoe :o)
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

fairysparkle said...

Hello sweet friend once again a stunner of a card ,you always come up with the goods and you always have just the sweets embelies .love, fairy xxx

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Pat - This is wonderful! That image is adorable. The paper is to die for! And I love your design! WOW!
Blessings,
Michelle