Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Sugar Nellie "Vintage Adorable" . . .

Hello there, my sweet friends. It's Monday again . . . and what's more, it's MY Monday to show you a new Sugar Nellie DT project! I don't know about you, but I just can't seem to get enough of these "Adorables." What'cha think?
This little darlin' is "Alicia" and she's from the new"Vintage Adorable" line of Sugar Nellie digital images! I printed this image in sort of a brownish ink . . . to give her a vintage-y, softer feel. You can find "Alicia" HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a close-up . . . 
I just love this little sweetheart . . . and that smile makes me think Alicia may have a secret!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White paper
Very Vanilla & Cajun Craze cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "En Francais Collection" from Prima
Tag & envelope: Melissa Francis
Lace & pearls: My stash
Sentiment on tag: Magnolia
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

Colored with Copic Sketch markers (& pencils):
Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000
Cheeks: R30 & 20
Hair: E23, 53, 51, 50, 15, 13, and YR20
Blues: B95, 93, 91, 000
Shadow: W1, 0, 00

A peek at the inside . . .
And, finally . . . a peek at the tag sentiment . . . 
So . . . that's what I've been up to! Making frilly "Vintage Adorable" cards! That, plus one other thing. My handsome hubby and I just got back from a week-long Caribbean Cruise! (hehehe! I know . . . I am sooooo spoiled!) And now I think I need a nap to recover from all the partying!! Hope you've enjoyed my little Sugar Nellie card! I really enjoyed making it!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!

16 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Wow Pat, I like the softer look you achieve with brown ink, I may have to try that myself. And the inside of your cards are almost as stunning as the fronts!! Awesome work as always my friend.
Hugs
Jane

aussie aNNie said...

Sensational card Pat. Image is gorgeous and love your cool colours here...fab..luv aNNIe

Tammy said...

Gorgeous as always - I so need to get me some of them papers. xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

so gorgeous, I love the pretty image and beautiful detailing

Sue xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! Love the papers andembellies and of course the beautifully-colored image!

Jenée said...

Wonderful, wonderful card. I colored up that little sweetie this past weekend, but haven't used her as yet. Funny -- I made mine a red head, too (smile). Your work is always lovely, and I always enjoy visiting. I don't always have time to comment, but I do visit often. Stay warm and happy creating.

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat and so beautifully coloured too
x catherine

Alberto said...

wowowow!!!

this card is adorable! i'm in love with your coloring and the gorgeous lace!
the papers look soooo cute ^_^

hugs, ALby

Candy said...

Gosh Pat - another holiday!! You lucky person :o)
Fabulous card!! Love the way you have coloured this little one.
Beautiful paper, lace and flowers.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable, cute card and I absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat she is gorgeous, and your card is beautiful as usual. Jealous of your retirement and travels.

Mau xx said...

Adorable!! I love it inside and out xx
Hugs Mau xx

regency jean said...

Beautiful card here, as always .. but I am a beginner with digi stamps. Do you change the ink colour to brown with a special programme, or is it something I will have to look into on the computer .. it does give s nice finish.

Janie Printz said...

BEAUTIFUL card Pat !!! I am so going to write down that color combo as that's the perfect color of my daughters hair. I've tried to get it right but you've nailed it my friend ... Using that brownish ink (is that Sepia) really softens her & your coloring is just wonderful. And you're not spoiled, you worked hard & you DESERVE these wonderful trips you take ... Enjoy every day !!!
Hugs, Janie

Janie Printz said...

BEAUTIFUL card Pat !!! I am so going to write down that color combo as that's the perfect color of my daughters hair. I've tried to get it right but you've nailed it my friend ... Using that brownish ink (is that Sepia) really softens her & your coloring is just wonderful. And you're not spoiled, you worked hard & you DESERVE these wonderful trips you take ... Enjoy every day !!!
Hugs, Janie

Glimpses of My Heart said...

I just finished coloring this little sweetie myself. I love how you printed her in a lighter color. I've colored 3 of these new girls so far. I'm thinking of heading back for the other 3 and I may have to try printing them in a lighter color. You're right, it does look vintage.
Blessings,
Michelle