Monday, December 17, 2012

Fa-la-la-la-latte!

Hey there, sweet friends!! Guess what? Christmas is NEXT WEEK!! (But, don't fret, I won't freak you out by telling you the exact number of days . . . 'cuz I don't want to figure it out! Plus . . . my fingers are busy typing, so I can't count the days! hehe!!) Oh . . . and guess what else . . . I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you!
So . . . OK . . . here's the deal . . . we received a Christmas card from my sister-in-law and her husband the other day. Very cute (store bought . . . but still kinda cute!) Well, I'm always looking for ideas and ways to "re-purpose" anything and everything into cards. Soooooo . . . I peeled off the three Christmas trees that were on the card from my SIL . . . and made this cute "tent" card!! (You can find a really nice tutorial for making a tent card HERE.) Can you see the trees through the window? I'm feeling pretty clever right about now! hehehe!! Here's a close-up of the window and trees . . .
This adorable little image is called "Luv a Latte" . . . and she's from the "Simply Sassy" collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. Once again, I've used a stamp that isn't actually a Christmas stamp . . . but, with these DPs and this sentiment, it definitely works! You can find "Luv a Latte" HERE at Funky Kits. Here's another close-up . . .
I tell ya, this image was so easy . . . and so much fun to color! I especially love her big eyes . . . which I always color green! I colored this cutie with Copics, lots and LOTS of Copics! Here's the list . . .
 
Skin: E00, 000, 0000, 21, 13
Cheeks: R30 & 20
Lips: R22
Hair: E25, 23, 53, 50, 18, 15, 13, & YR20
Eyes: YG67, 63, 03, G20
Window & stool: E59, 44, 33, 53, 50, & YR20
Reds: R27, 24, 22, 21, 20, 00
Greens: YG67, 63, 03, 00, G20, 43
Shadow: W01, 0, 00
 
And . . . a bit of a "side" view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla & Real Red cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs - "Christmas This and That" by Echo Park
Window stamp: Magnolia
Tiny rose: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment, ribbon, stars, lace, acetate, & gingerbread man: My stash
 Corner die: Whimsy

 And, one more look . . . from the other side . . . 
And . . . that's what I've been up to lately . . . making Christmas cards!! (Almost done . . . just keep coloring . . . just keep coloring . . . just keep coloring . . . . !! LOL!) Ohhhhhh . . . I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
Saturated Canary #32 - Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows (I've substituted coffee)
Wild Orchid Challenge #65 - Christmas Friendship
 
Thanks so very much for stopping by!! And, as always, for your kind comments. Until next time . . . hugs . . . .
 

14 comments:

lis-m said...

Hi Pat, this is such a yummy card! I love the colours and the papers.. and I LOVE this stamp.. I must dig mine out and ink her up. i am gonna try a tent card... lol! still more last minute cards to do first tho :-)
Hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

Shame on you Pat, destroying a new Christmas card but hey lol I would have done the same...:)
love this image, papers and love the tent card...fab design.
I think I may have to invest in some of these stamps, this is a cute one....cheers, luv annie

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the image and the layout is so beautiful. Caroline xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Super card. Great design. I can't believe you've recycled a Christmas card this early though lol. Debs xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Pat...and love the colours too hun..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

catherine said...

This is just oh so beautiful Pat and the colour scheme is fantastic. I love these images and must look into some of these in the new year.Hope your managing to get sorted for the big day!
x catherine

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cute card.
luv
Debby

Joann Burton said...

Well Miss Pat aren't you the crafty one...This is the second card I have seen where they took the stickers off of a Christmas Card someone sent them. Very clever. And very pretty. joann sassy raggedy

Chris x said...

Hi Pat
This is beautiful as usual. Love the scene you've made. Your blog is an inspiration.
Popping by to Wish you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas time.
Hugs Chris x

Ivonne said...

Hi Pat! This is sooo beautiful! Fabulous card, beautiful papers, amazing coloring, I love the window and the imege is so cute! I LOVE it!! Hugs, Ivonne

Bev said...

fabulous! Thanks for joining the SC challenge this time x

Vicky said...

Pat sweetie this is awesome I love the window.

Thank you for joining us girls over at Saturated Canary, hope we will see you again soon hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Debs said...

gorgeous hon LOVE the sentiment :0)..thanks for sharing with us at SC Challenges..hugs Debs x

Loopylou. said...

hiyah pat!!
ooooh I LOVE this! I love the tent fold making it a super cute little scene and the colours are yum!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xx