Monday, September 10, 2012

Jasmine goes "vintage" (sort of) . . .

Hey ho . . . it's Monday again! And I'm going on vacation in just a few days! Wheet whooo!! So, since I have to seriously contemplate packing, I'll get right to my Sugar Nellie DT project!!
OK, here's the deal . . . I made this "tag" card as part of a rather large commissioned order for a friend of mine who lives in Florida! I sure hope she likes it! I added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Inks to all the edges . . . it looks really, really dark in these photos . . . especially on the butterfly border thingie . . . but, in real life, it's much more subtle! I'm blaming it on the fact that the sun had already gone down by the time I took these pics! arrggh! This sweet little image is "Jasmine" and is available HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Blush Blossom cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: Jack & Jill Collection by Prima
Butterfly Die: Tim Holtz
Scroll & lacy dies: Memory Box
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Brad & pearls (colored with B01 Copic marker) and toile: my stash
Sentiment: Whimsy
Circle & scallopped circle punches: Stampin' Up
Metal corner: from my sweet friend, Paola
Coarse Glitter: Martha Stewart
Copics & pencils
 
Ruh roh! What the what?! I can't believe it! I forgot to take an "artsy fartsy" pic . . . aaackkk! My mind must already be on vacay! Sorry about that! I'll include TWO next time. hehehe! Well . . . here's one more view . . .
And . . . that's it for me, sweetpeas! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! And thanks, too, for your sweet comments! Until next time . . . mwahhh!!
post signature

10 comments:

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! LOVE the image and your coloring and the laout of the card!
The addition of the Tim H...Butterflies!;)dies (my favorite is fantastic! A beautiful card, and i love to visit your blog!:)
Hugs, Ellen

Dena said...

Oh no, no artsy shot???? hahaha!
Your card is totally BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh to be able to color like that! Love the different shape!!!
Have a great vacation!!
Hugs, Dena

Julie said...

This is so Beautiful Pat! I love the asymetry, with the elements extending beyond the edges.

Hugs,
Julie

Iulia said...

Oh, here I am:) I always said I need time when I come to your blog and never had some lately...lol. I guess we never have enough of that.
So you're going on vacay...eventually...when everybody starts working?:)) Lucky you! I bet it's the Carribbean you're heading to:) Well deserved m'dear although I can't hinder from being green with envy..hehe.
So, this is one fabulous card. Great idea to put those panels at random like this, makes it sooo cute and sophisticate. Gotta try this!
Oh, and I LOVE the colors and the image is gorgeous too!

catherine said...

Wow Pat what a stunning piece today and great layout to it all. Hope you have a fantastic time on your vacation.
x catherine

Candy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Have a great vacation :o)
big hugs, Candy

Anja said...

Beautiful creation, Pat! Love the image and all the layers.
Have a nice vacation!
Hugs, Anja

fairysparkle said...

Oh my sweetie pie what a beautiful work of art ,im standing back in amazment .Love the layers and everything about it .Stunning love ,fairy xxx

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous tag sweetie ♥♥