Sunday, September 9, 2012

Christmas Greetings . . . in September?!

Hey sweet friends! I've been thinking a lot about Christmas Cards lately . . . probably because so many of my blogging buddies have already made so many! I, on the other hand, have not! Hehehe! I tell ya, I can't start getting into the "spirit" of the holiday season until AFTER I've spent some quality time at the beach! So . . . fortunately, we are going on vacay this next week . . . to the beach, of course! So, when I get back, I'll be in serious Christmas mode . . . ooooh, right after I make some Halloween cards for the grandkiddos! LOL!

Ahhhhhh . . . well, I've been neglecting my sweet Lili of the Valley stamps lately and decided it was high time I remedied that! I pulled out one of my new LOTV stamps and went to town. And, guess what? This makes Christmas Card # 4! I'm quite tickled with this one . . .
Isn't this the sweetest image? It's called "Ice Skating" and is available HERE at Lili of the Valley. Here's a side view . . .
I actually didn't have any "brass"-looking Christmas charms, so I took a silver one and colored it with a brown Copic marker . . . VOILA! Oh . . . I did the same thing with the metal filigree corner . . . and the beads inside! Clever, I know!

My card "recipe" . . . 
Image stamped on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Crumb Cake & Real Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "25 Days of Christmas" by Simple Stories (Love this! Very vintage-y!)
Lace, metal filigree corner, & roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Bells, charm, raffia, black twine, & beads: My stash
Green "sprigs": Tim Holtz dies
Liquid Applique (for the fur trim)
Martha Stewart coarse glitter (for the ice)
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Here's a peek at the inside . . .
Those sentiment stamps are from my stash . . . very festive, don'tcha think? And here's one last view . . . the "artsy" angle, of course!
And that's it for me . . . oooh, I almost forgot . . . I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


OK . . . now, I'm ready to sign off and watch some TV with my sweet hubby. (College football! Seriously, what ELSE would we want to watch on a Saturday night?! hehee!) Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for your sweet comments. Hugs to you all!
post signature

18 comments:

Elaine said...

Hello Mrs SugarBuns!

I see you are keeping busy colouring - and keeping out of trouble!

Stunning card Pat...love the traditional colours, and I have these papers but haven't used them yet!
Fab image which of course is perfectly coloured.
Love the embellies too...always a feast for my eyes when I call in here :)

I will be back tomorrow to do the hop...sorry but Saturday is my chore day!

Biggest hugs
Elaine xxx

Jenée said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. The LOTV image is adorable and colored up so very pretty. So like all your embellishments, and yes, very clever of you to turn silver into brass (smile).

Have a wonderful time at the beach (which I'm sure you will).

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Pat, love the image to bits and fabulous colouring, love the decoration inside and out...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Such a gorgeous card!!!
Have a great time at the beach :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous! Just love your coloring and love how you put your cards all together with the details.

Grenouille Greetings said...

STUNNING! Oh my - what a beauty! Love your houndstooth papers and your jingle bells embellishment especially. Hugs, Lesley

lis-m said...

Hi pat,
this is simply stunning! I NEED to get those papers...
thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies this week .good luck.
Hugs x

Laine said...

Hi Pat, I love to read your posts and look at your work. Such a treat.
Wonderful card, stunning design and detail and a good read.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Laine
X

Anne said...

Wow, this is really stunning!
I love the deep colors, and the image looks sooo beautiful! Great embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at CLP. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Ann Marie Governale said...

Just so lovely..I love looking at your cards.. beautifully colored and your design is always the best.. the insides of your cards are as breathtaking as the outside..love it! xxx Ann Marie

Franz♥ said...

I've no words Pat, i ADORE this card, a little masterpiece!

Big hugs and happy holidays again :)

Franz.

catherine said...

This is a really super card Pat and love the traditional colours with the image. Hope you have a fantastic time away.
x catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous, such gorgeous colours too, gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time huggles Pops x x x

A Casa di Ale said...

SPLENDIAD QUESTA CARD, DOLCISSIMO IL TIMBRO...BELLA LA CARTA CHE HAI USATO

CIAO DA ALE

Iulia said...

Fantastic Christmas card, Pat! Gotta go back to traditional colors for Christmas, they are by far the most beautiful! You chose such beautiful papers and the image is as usual perfectly colored. Hehe, I did that too with the charms; don't try on pearls though, they look awful colored with copics...lol
Wonderful card!

fairysparkle said...

Hey hunny ,well i for one am so glad you picked up your Lilly of the valley stamps .Pat you make the most wonderful christmas cards and this is no exception.Gorgeous yes its full of gorgeousness .Love,fairy xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I am back again, to thank you for joining us at CLP this month, good luck huggles Pops x x x

Bev said...

Gorgeous card Pat. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x