Monday, September 24, 2012

"Hazel & Nutty" talk "Christmas"!

Hey there, my sweet friends!! It's Monday again! And I'm back from the most fantabulous vacation in St. Maarten! I tell ya, hanging out in the Carribbean for 9 days is just a little slice of heaven!! Here's a pic of our beach chairs . . . would'ja just look at that stunning turquoise water!! Sigh! I miss it already!
I'm happy to be back home, though . . . I've missed my own bed . . . and my studio . . . and my stamps . . . and my Copics!! Oh, oh, oh . . . and guess what? I have a fun new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you!!
This week's "tag" card is part of that commissioned order I mentioned a couple of weeks ago! This little darlin' is called "Hazel & Nutty" and is part of Sugar Nellie's Home Grown Collection available at Funky Kits. Aaacck! I just checked the store, and it seems that the Hazel & Nutty stamps are temporarily out of stock. Please keep checking, though . . . there's more stock being added all the time. (Sorry about that.) Here's a peek at the "sentiment" tag . . . 
My card "recipe" . . .
Real Red & Garden Green cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Wonder" by Authentique
Holly Die: Tim Holtz
Around the corner punches: Martha Stewart
Corrugated paper, bells, pearls, & twine: my stash
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Stardust Stickles & Spica pens
Viva "Iced White" Pearl Pen
Tag & envelope: Melissa Frances
Copics & pencils

And . . . here's my famous "artsy" view . . . you may recall that I completely forgot to take one of my last Sugar Nellie DT post 2 weeks ago! You see? Vacation is evidently very good for one's memory!!
Okey dokey . . . that's it for me, my lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by once again to see what I've been up to . . . and for your very sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time . . . .
post signature

9 comments:

paola said...

nearly fell off my chair to see you back with those of us that have a home, bet you'll be globe trotting again soon, lol.
I love your latest creation, coloring is fab and i love all the layers and details.
smiles
Paola

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Looks like you are having lots of fun - enjoy!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous project, Pat! So many wonderful details and of course, your coloring is superb! Glad you had a nice trip!

catherine said...

Oh Pat how I wish!!!! The pic is beautiful and so glad you enjoyed yourself(I would have done too)
It's always nice to come home though but fab memories.
Great tag and love the layout to it
x catherine

Fiona said...

oh wow Pat...I would never have thought of making Hazel & Nutty go christmas...fabulous!!

Fi
x

Candy said...

Welcome home, Pat :o)
Happy to hear you had such a good time away.
What a glorious tag!!
LOVE all the layers and your perfect colouring.
Big hugs, Candy

Sheri said...

What the! You went on vacation without me! Humph! Lol! Just kiddin ya! What a breathtakingly fabulous tag!! Love this image so much Pat!!! :) I'm happy you had a wonderful trip!!

Mau xx said...

Oh1 its so good to have you back Pat, but glad you had a fab time. Its looks amazing, would die for a taste of that right now!but missed you :(
Loving the Tag, what gorgeous colours and love all the layering.
Huge hugs Mau xx

Monique said...

Wow Pat. Your tag is amazing. I love love love it. Awesome colouring :)).

Hugs Monique