Thursday, September 6, 2012

Berry, berry cute . . .

Hey there my lovelies! Oh dear, oh dear . . . this has been the weirdest week for me! My laptop has been feeling "under the weather" and had to go to the 'puter doctor! So, I've been relegated to our ancient desktop computer . . . which takes 2 weeks longer than FOREVER for me to upload photos! LOL! I am amazed at how dependent I've become on technology! Don't misunderstand . . . I love my computer . . . it's just that I love it lots more when it works! :-)

Guess what? It's Thursday and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And since this is the first challenge of the month . . . yep, it's September! YIKES! . . . this week's challenge theme is . . .

ANYTHING GOES!

I was contacted last week by a lovely lady who requested a card that I'd made (and sold) last year. Since all of my cards are "one-of-a-kind", this card is similar, but not identical. I had to dig deep into my stash of DPs and, as luck would have it, I had just enough of the original DPs to make this card! I was shocked, I tell ya! So . . . here's my card for this week's challenge over at Mo's . . .
This little darlin' is "Strawberry Girl" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Here's a bit of a side view . . .
And another . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Whisper White & Real Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
Real Red gingham ribbon: Stampin' Up
DPs: "English Garden" from Making Memories
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Trellis punch: Martha Stewart
Corner die: Whimsy
Circle Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Rubies (er, I mean red rhinestones): my stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And finally . . .
So, there ya have it! That's what I've been up to lately! Creating fun cards with Mo Manning's deliciously adorable images!! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks bunches for stopping by . . . and thanks for your sweet comments that always make me smile! Until next time . . . .
post signature

24 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Pat, I am writing this post on my brand new laptop. Hubby and I have been talking about getting one for a year! And we finally gave in when (like you) the old desktop, which owes us nothing is slower than a snail with a hurnia! gave up going fast and needed to go in a retirement home!
So it's taking a bit of getting used to but sure i will be ok soon.
Adore this Mo image, I have it and when i last used it i wrote "I love you more than Strawbrries" on the sentiment, your card is stunning, love those papers you found.
Debbiex

Joey said...

Pat its absolutely gorgeous, beautiful design and those papers were worth the digging they are beautiful. Joey x

Alyce said...

Awww so cute Pat! I love the image..too adorable and those beautiful dies/border look amazing! Hope your laptop is feeling better soon :(

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! I love the papers and Mo's sweet strawberry girl! Fabulous coloring and details! Hope your 'puter is better soon!

catherine said...

This is so beautiful Pat and the image and colours are super. I'm not surprised people want your lovely cards. Glad to hear your computer is working again
x catherine

Christina C. said...

WOW.....you found the perfect dp for this adorable image!!! Your coloring is drop-dead gorgeous....simply breathtaking! I also love how you showcased her...brilliant!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful card! She is precious and the papers are perfect!

Hugs,
Julie

Debbie said...

Strawberry Girl is just GORGEOUS!!! Glad you dug deep into your never ending stash and found this gorgeous paper cause this came out FANTASTIC!!!

Oh and so glad your puter is up and running again cause I missed you too!!! As for me being back at work.. does the word CRAZY fit the bill or maby CHAOS works better. I don't know if I'm coming or going this 4:30 in the AM is killing me.

Talk to you later
Hugs
Debbie

fairysparkle said...

Hi Sweetie ,so very very pretty well i have to say all your cards are gorgeous .Love the papers .x

Candy said...

Gorgeous papers, Pat.
Awesome colouring.
Very lucky lady who is receiving this card.
big hugs, Candy

AnjaCardz said...

What a yummy card, Pat! The papers couldn't be better and your coloring is absolutely stunning.

Hugs, Anja

Dorcas said...

Sooooo ~wait for it~ BERRY cute!! *Groan* you know I had to! Seriously this card is just beyond cute, beautifully done Pat!!

Martinas Welt said...

Such a gorgeous card qith all the strawberries...yummy! I love the red white and blue and of course your colouring...it is always amazing!
Martina

Danielle said...

Hi! Pat! aren't we lost when the computer is under the weather, or completely KAPUT! I love your card do much, this is one image of Mo I have in my favourites. Love strawberries! perfect paper, perfect colors, perfect coloring! Yessss it does brighten my day, like SUNSHINE. I love it Hugs. xox

Tracy said...

Well isn't she just a sweetheart and so pretty with that shiny golden hair. Sure glad you still had those papers cause they are so perfect with the image. Gorgeousness sistah Pat! Hugs!

Sharon said...

This is another gorgeous image Pat and love those papers. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog and have now become a follower. Would love it if you took a jump across to mine.
Hugs Sharon. x

Joann Burton said...

Lovely card Pat...Such a cute cute image. joann sassy raggedy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love this image! I must get her out again. She looks pretty as a picture in her red white and blue colour combo! Super pretty, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Franz♥ said...

Hi Pat! Finally i've my connection again! You're right, i HATE when i can't be in touch :)

Your card is too cute, love colour combo and the design is so original and rich of details, great work!

Hugs, Franz.

Molecraft said...

Totally gorgeous in every way Pat!
Helen x

Iulia said...

Saw this already and loved it that very minute! Looks so pretty in the inside too! You really know how to put together a card and make someone want to eat it...lol.
Just gorgeous, hon!

Kathleen said...

Ooooh Pat! Sweetie this is a-do-ra-ble!!!!
I love it, great colouring, fabulous cute image and design.
Gorgeous papers too
Hugs
Kat xx

Elaine L. said...

I love this, Pat! Your coloring of the image is perfect, and the papers are just beautiful!

Kim Bell said...

Awe Pat. Your coloring and cards are just stunning as usual! Awesome, again. Enjoy your vacation.
Hugz
Kim