Monday, September 6, 2010

Happiness...is in the journey....


Hi friends...oh my, what a busy weekend we've had so far. Our dearest friends from Chattanooga, TN, came for a visit. We all went to the Jimmy Buffet concert on Thursday...and we had such a fun time! Unfortunately, all good things come to an end and our friends had to go back home. No worries...we're already planning next year's visit!

Now my house is quiet once again and I'm contemplating the chaos that has become my craftroom. I purchased some new shelving and storage units...so I'll be working on organizing the insanity!! I have so many beautiful DPs and packages of cardstock and flowers, etc., and I can't find any of it! So, the time has come to do something about it! BUT,,,before I could start, I needed to finish a card that I started last Sunday! YIKES!!

After seeing Magnolia's new Autumn Collection, I was inspired to make something a little fall-ish. Here's what I came up with. It's all buttons and bows...no flowers! (A real departure for me...since I love flowers!)
Here's the "recipe":

Cardstock: "Crumb Cake" by SU
DPs: K & Company
Ribbon: Bravo Burgundy grosgrain by SU
Sentiment: SU (from an old, old set I located in my crazy craftroom!)
Copics: E13, 11, 00, 000, 0000(skin), R20 (cheeks), E25, 99, 33, & YR21, 20 (hair), E57, 53, 50, 35 (suitcase), G99, 21, 20, YG63 (dress & hat), R89, 85, 83, G20, 24, 28 (flower), C7, 5, 3, 1 (shoes), C0, 00 (anklets & lace trim), W2 & 3 (to soften the greens a bit).

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'll see you soon! Pat

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Very pretty. I love the deep colors you used.

Angela said...

So pretty Pat! I love all the buttons and bows and the rich purples.

Have fun reorganizing! ;) hugs, Angela

Rene said...

This is great! Love those fall colors :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is spectacular and love the design and all the bows! Beautiful work!
hugs, Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Fantastic card Pat! Such beautiful colors and your coloring is totally gorgeous!

Hugs,
Barb

scrappyjan said...

LOVE IT!!! Beautiful colors and I love all of the bows and buttons.

I see that you are into bows on your cards right now and it's so BEE U ITFUL!!!!!!!
hugs, Janiel

Kim Y. said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love all those bows!

Candy said...

Gosh Pat! Love your beautiful papers.
Your ribbon treatment is wonderful.
Tilda is coloured so pretty :o)
Hugs, Candy

Lori said...

It's been awhile since I've come to visit... I see so many WOW creations!!! You do such beautiful work : ) Happy coloring ♥
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Card Crazy said...

Beautiful Fall! Am feeling the season thru your card. If only I had half the creativity you have. You keep me trying. TFS
Sue S.

Cami said...

Very pretty card and so beautifully colored Pat! Love the deep shades of color. Cami

paola said...

Love the colors, is that a swiss dots emboss behind the image? Love the way you cut out your image before adhereing her to the background, i am in love with your idea for those little bows, so darn sweet
smiles
Paola

Jennifer said...

Oh this Tilda is just gorgeous and your card has done her justice beautifully Pat. Love the color and the DP's.
It is lovely to see old friends and have the company, but it is nice to have your 'own space' again when they leave. Enjoy it! :)

Cordine said...

gorgeous card!
hugs
cordine

Autumn said...

I think your pic is just fine, I love this! That gian leaf in the background is perfect! TFS!
xxAutumn

Pam S. said...

I LOVE this Tilda Pat! Your coloring is gorgeous! Awesome colors together! She's a doll!
Pam Going Postal

Christina C. said...

Your card is soooo gorgeous....magnificently colored image! Love the papers and details.

Norma said...

Ooooh, Pat, this is gorgeous. I love that shade of green for Tilda's dress. It makes Tilda pop right out among the autumny colours. Beautifully coloured and put together. Love the card.

Hugs.
Norma

Patti Jo said...

Rich beautiful colors! Love your Tilda along with all the buttons and bows! Terrific work Pat!