Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sugar Nellie Search for "Sweeties"...


Hi friends! Today I have the most darling little card - it's a b-day card for my mother-in-law's 91st b-day on Oct. 4th. She's probably the coolest lady I know. And I'm so blessed to be part of her family! I found this adorable little stamp by Elizabeth Bell at Sugar Nellie's online store and thought she would be perfect with the Apple Cider DP my sweet friend, Sandy, gave me. I'd love to be on Sugar Nellie's Design Team...they're called "Sweeties"...and I think I'd be a great addition to their very talented design team so I'm going to give it a try! You can see the other fabulous entries here. And you can visit Sugar Nellie Stamps here. They're such fun!!


So here's my recipe:

Cardstock: Very Vanilla & Ruby Red by SU
DPs: Apple Cider by Imaginisce
Sentiments: Stamping Bella (front), JustRite Stamps (inside) w/Ruby Red ink (SU)
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon, baubles, & charm: my stash
Nestabilities dies & Cuttlebug
More mustard ink (SU) for edges of image
Copics: E13,11, 00, 000, 0000 (skin), E25, 99, 33, YR21 & 20 (hair), YR24, 23, 21, 20 (hat) Y17, 21, & YR 16 (flowers), G20, 24, 28 (leaves), R27, 24, 22, 20 (shirt & ribbon), R24, 22, 20, G20 & 24 (apples), B97, 95, 93, 91, 000, 0000 (overalls), E59, 55, 453, 50 (basket), & glossy accents on apples!

I hope you enjoy this sweet "little work of heart"...and do stop over at Sugar Nellie and check out some of their darling stamps!! Thanks so much for stopping by. See you soon...Pat

9 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, I also LOVE this image, so sweet, sure to be a hit with anyone.xx

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to your MIL..God Bless 91 Wow!! and what an adorable card you made for her. I love your creations, and know you will be a great addition to the Sugan Nellie design team.. I am so happy I stubbled upon your blog a few weeks ago because your work truly inspiring.

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet card! Lovely ribbon bow and cute DP which is perfect for the image :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

PepPop said...

Beautiful card and good luck with the DT. Your bow is stunning! Jaqui x

Tracy S said...

what a super cute card for your MIL.. What an awesome journey I bet she has had too.. my husbands Grammy is 90 and she has such awesome stories.

TFS your adorable card.. I love Sugar Nelly's as well.

Dena said...

Well, I think you would be a great addition to the Sweeties DT also. This is sooooo darling!!!! The papers are perfect for this little cutie!
Hugs, Dena

Pops x said...

This is so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, good luck with the dt call hugs Pops x x x

SusieLou said...

Such a gorgeous card - love your colouring and the embellishment is beautiful! Good luck with your entry. Susie x

Barb Hardeman said...

Love, love, love this one! You're mom is going to love everything you've done on this card. How special that you can have a wonderful relationship with her still! You are blessed!
Hugs,
Barb