Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pen Pals & Pearls...





Hi Friends! It's Monday evening and I have a really fun week coming up. We have some very good friends from Chatanooga, TN, flying into Richmond for a visit. We're all going to don grass skirts and coconut bras and head up to Manassas, VA, to the Jimmy Buffet concert along with about a kabillion other "Parrotheads"!! So, it'll be a short work week for me...and then, on top of that, I've got a 5-day weekend. Wooohoooooo!! Crafting time again!!! hehehe! So here's a cute little Sugar Nellie stamp...made by Elizabeth Bell. I think these little girls are just tooooooo cute!! I used Pretty in Pink from SU and some Neenah white cardstock, then I added DPs from Papermania called "Rose Garden" (this was a gift from my sweet "Mountain Mama" friend in NC). Copics used were: E11, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); G20, 24, 28(leaves in her hair); E19, 15, 11, YR21 & 20 (hair); BG72, 10, 0000 (shirt and hair scarf); R81, 83, 85, RV10, 0000 (pants); R21, 24, 27 (flowers in hair). I also used Prima roses, dotted swiss ribbon & Mikimoto pearls from my stash! I also used my trusty little Cuttlebug and a trellis MS punch.

So...I thought I'd enter this little sweetie into challenge #42 over at Sugar Nellie's Blog HERE. The theme is "pearls" and this fun sketch is from Lillian. Thanks so much for visiting my blog...hope to see you all soon. Pat

8 comments:

Dena said...

Oh my WOW Pat! This is one gorgeous card!!!! Love all your details and of course the gorgeous papers. This was one of my first stamps I bought when I came back to stamping, she is adorable!!!! Love this card to bits!
Hugs, Dena

Lilian said...

Pat, your card is jaw dropping gorgeous! WOW! I love it! I cannot say gorgeous enough - all the way inside. Lovely papers, embossed background, the lattice, the flowers, the pearls..swooning! Beautiful coloring as well. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Debbie said...

Absolutely Stunning!!!!!

Denise and Louise said...

What a beautiful card. This is one of my favourite stamps - have used it quite alot myself. It sounds as though you are going to be having a fun time over there is the USA - enjoy.

Denise xx

Nina I. said...

Wow..... Your cards are stunning!!!!!

Hugs fra Nina

Jean said...

Pat, love this card.. love the dark colors of the papers with Tilda in her brightly colored dress in the center.. she just stands out.. just amazing... It is gorgeous.. the ribbon and bows make the card and your coloring is gorgeous...
Hugs, Jean

Christy said...

This one makes me think of Miss Sassy Mimi! I can see her striking that pose in a few years... ;)

Gordils said...

Pat, your card is jaw dropping gorgeous! WOW! I love it! I cannot say gorgeous enough - all the way inside. Lovely papers, embossed background, the lattice, the flowers, the pearls..swooning! Beautiful coloring as well. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!