Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jan & Phillip...






Hi friends...today's post is another card for my sister, Dee, to give her dear friend, Jan, whose husband just passed away. They had been married 50+ years and had taken care of each other for all those years. I told Dee that I wanted to make a very special card for her to give Jan...and here it is. Here's the recipe:

Stamp: Jack & Ginger by Mo Manning (available at 7 Kids College Fund)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla by Stampin Up
DPs: by Laura Ashley
Pearl embellishments: Zva also from 7 Kids College Fund
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & charm: stash
Sentiment: Inkadinkado
Copic Sketch markers & Flower Soft
MS punches, Nestabilieis, & Cuttlebug

I hope my sister likes it...and, most importantly, I hope Jan finds comfort in the fact that she has good friends like Dee to help her get through this very difficult time in her life.

I've decided to enter this card into 7 Kids College Fund Challenge # 2 HERE. Thanks for stopping by. Pat

13 comments:

Deeeeeee said...

OK - now you made me cry - that is a beautiful card (sometime I do know how to spell)...thank you so much - .... Jan will cherish it...thank you !!!

sandy said...

You make the prettiest cards Pat - your coloring is wonderful. Not only will Jan appreciate this card but your sister will too.
mountain lady

7 KIDS said...

Simply AMAZING! I love the color. So springy and sweet!

paola said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Pat this is adorable, love how you have made the lengths of your ribbon drape over the image, and colored to perfection, your usual style, also loveing the swirls you have added, the wole ensemble is just breathtaking!
smiles
Paola

Pam S. said...

fabulous Pat! What a beautiful card for Pat to help her at this time!
Pam Going Postal

Debbie said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Julie said...

Pat - This card is stunning! I just love it. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat this is just beautiful! What a wonderful job you've done coloring this image from Mo! I love her images so much!! Everything about this card says "Care". From the flower soft to the beautiful ribbon to the pearl flourishes - just fabulous! I hope Dee's friend will be touched in a special way with this labor of love...hugs...Barb

Janette said...

Beautiful card and what a lovely thought, so sad for your friend.xx

Manuela said...

Gorgeous card! ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

Candy said...

Pat,
What an awesome card you have made for Dee's friend. It shows what love it all about - from your fantastic colouring to the flower soft, ribbon and pearl treatment.
I would cry my heart out if I received this card
Hugs, Candy

Nancy said...

ohhhh Pat...this is soo darling and precious...this is DH and I in some years....your card turned our GORGEOUS!!!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.