Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pink & Green...again!




Hi everyone...OMG, I can't believe the weekend has flown by already!! (hehehe...I say that EVERY Sunday!) I did get a chance to hang out with my handsome hubby, tho...and I did a bit of crafting too! So, all in all, it was a fun weekend!! A young friend of mine recently had some surgery, so I thought I'd make a "feel better soon" card for her. I used one of the Tildas from the 2010 Wedding Collection. I rummaged around and found some pretty DPs in my stash (they're from GCD Studios, the Cloisonne` Collection...I picked it up at Michael's a few months ago)...and guess what? Like so many of my recent cards, this one features lots of pink and green!! My husband tells me that I choose those colors because I'm a "Preppie" at heart! (I think NOT!) Anyway...here's my recipe:

Cardstock: White from my stash; Certainly Celery & Pretty in Pink from SU
Copics: E11, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R21 & R00 (cheeks); YR21, 20, E25, 99, & 33 (hair...this is my new fave combo for hair!); G24, 21, 20 (jumper); RV 25, 23, 21, 000 (boots, buttons, hairbows, sash); C2 & 0 (T-shirt & petticoat).
Embellies: Glossy accents (boots), Cotton Candy Stickles, Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), ribbon, charm, doily, & faux pearls - my stash.

I also used Nestabilities, MS lace edge punch, & my Cuttlebug.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at the "trouble" I've been up to. Must run now...am making a special b-day card for my best little "boyfriend"...our grandson, Brody, has his 6th birthday in a week! YIKES! He'll be in FIRST GRADE!! It seems like just yesterday I was cradling him in my arms! See y'all soon...Pat

21 comments:

Card Crazy said...

Perfect. The colors are great, love the flowers and little bows.
Sue S.

Jean said...

Oh my Pat, I love your pick and green.. love the layout and the layering.. your coloring of Tilda is terrific. The inside is just as gorgeous... Great card...
Hugs, Jean

Rene said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the little green ribbons!

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful work Pat! I love how you weave your magic with paper, punches and pretty embellishments. I've got a feeling your friend will be feeling much better quite soon! How could she not with such a pretty card...
Hugs,
Barb

Regina said...

Love everything in your card!!!:))) Your coloring is amazing !!
Have a wonderful week!
Regina

Jennifer said...

What a lucky friend to be receiving this gorgeous card. I'm sure it will make her day brighter. I love this color combo too. Tilda is adorable, the DP's are so sweet and the polka dot ribbon is the perfect foil for them.
hugs
Jennifer

Cami said...

Very pretty card, Pat. I love the pink/green color combo so please don't stop! Great DPs and embellies. Hugs, Cami

Kim Y. said...

Gorgeous card!

Penni said...

What a pretty card. I do love this colour combo.

Hugs
Penni
x

Dena said...

Pat, this is just gorgeous! Love the doily and the pink and green and well, just ALL of it! Great card!
Hugs, Dena

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card Pat! Your darling little Tilda is colored perfectly....love the way she sits in the doily!

Blessings,
Gloria

Corinne said...

So adorable.....love the colors you used. Thank you for listing the copics you used to color Tilda with.
Very beautifully done!
Hugs~
Corinne

Charlotte said...

Such a pretty card. love the colors of the card. Job well done.
Angeluver2

Cordine said...

such a gorgeous card!
Hugs
Cordine

Diana Crick said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the pinks and greens, soft and feminine. She will love it and I am sure it will make her feel better!
hugs, Diana

PaulaM said...

This is SO pretty. I really like that image - she is just so sweet. Your coloring is perfect and I like all the embellishments - wow - so nice. TFS

paola said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, and that dp is to die for doll, love it and it is my fav color combo, mind you anything with pink, he he
smiles
Paola

Robin said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors. So soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.

Myrna said...

Love your green and pink colors on Tilda and your dp!It so fresh and crisp! Love it!

Sheri said...

Pink and green might just be my favorite combo to use on cards! Just precious!

Christina C. said...

Oh, what a sweet and darling card!
Pink and green is always my favorite color combination....can't go wrong with that!!