Monday, July 12, 2010

Embellishments...more is better!!






Hello everyone...hope you've all had the best weekend! I've been hiding out in my craftroom much of the weekend. I've had lots of fun! Here's a little card that I made today...seriously, it took me all day!!! I decided to pull out the big guns today! Three Magnolia stamps, about a kabillion Copics, Magnolia DPs, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU cardstock (Pretty in Pink & Garden Green), flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, chandelier glass from Magnolia, ribbon and frog-prince charm from my stash, stickles, & glossy accents. YIKES...no wonder it took all day! So, this is far from a simple little card...but it was sure fun to make!! Hope you enjoy it!

I must thank Diana Crick from Magnolia-licious for the idea, though...I saw the idea a while back when I was shopping in her online store for stamps! So, thanks Lady Di!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and have a great week! Pat

18 comments:

Card Crazy said...

Pat how delightful. This is too, too much. It must have taken hours to create this and it's just great.
Just how many embellies did you use. I lost count! Whatever, it's just right.
Sue S.

LindaC said...

Wow, what an awesome card! Love all the parts!
Linda C
http://lccorner.blogspot.com/

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the two circles.

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Pat that card is just to cute I love the style and will be casing it for sure ! Great job on everything did you want my addy :)
Hugs

jodyb said...

That is an amazing card! Will you be sharing the "how did you do that" at any time? I love, love, love it! Beautiful job!
- Jody

sandy said...

oh..ahh..wow. Pat would you come to Cedar Mountain and give me lessons?
This card is really neat and I certainly think you have a talent for embellishing and mixing papers!
love,
sandy

Kerry H said...

Pat, this is just darling. I love the way the inverted scallops mimic a crown!
Kerry H

shelly said...

Very elaborate card Pat!!! I love it, such a neat idea of the frog on the outside and then the prince on the inside!! I love how you glossied up the frog and your coloring is beautiful.
hugs,
Shell

Kathy Gerace said...

This is just a great card! I had to take a second look to see how it closed after seeing the open view! Beautiful job on coloring and putting it all together.
Kathy Gerace

Jean said...

Pat, love your card, the front is very busy but so beautiful and colored so gorgeously.. embellishments are used perfectly, then you open to the middle and you have two beautiful sides with Edwin in the middle with gorgeous paper and wow he opens and there is writing and a space for a message... A great card... just wonderful... Its a keeper..
Hugs, Jean

Silvie Z said...

Oh my, this is utterly STUNNING, pat! Love how you place all the elements of your card!And your Prince Edwin inside is super cute!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful fold card and lovely Tilda/Edwin card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Leonie said...

Wow this card is truly amazing!! So many wonderful elements to look at and drool over..lol
Hugs Leonie

Lisette Morris said...

Wow Pat! This is amazing! I love the details and your layout. What a true labor of love. Gorgeous!

Pam said...

Pat,
I can see how this would take all day!!! All I can say is stupendous! It has so much to see, I could study it all day! Gorgeous Tilda, lovely embellishments, and the style of the card is amazing!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat this is fantastic. It's like an everlasting card. It just keeps opening and opening and opening. Beautiful embellishments and so clever an idea!!!

Cordine said...

Beautiful card! Great colors.
Hugs
Cordine

Linda said...

Totally gorgeous!!! love all the details :)