Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fa la la la laaaaa . . . for the "boys"!

Welcome, sweet friends! And welcome back to ME! That's right . . . I just got back from a 10-day vacay in the Carribbean! And let me tell ya, now that my summer "getaway" is behind me, I'm ready to gear up for some winter holiday fun!! Ho ho ho!!

Oh . . . and, since it's Thursday, it's time for another super fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week our hostess is my sweet friend and very talented DT sister, Anja! And she's chosen the theme . . .
"For the Boys!"
w/a Mo Manning image, of course!

Aaacck! A boy card? Sniff sniff . . . it seems like ages since I'mde made a frilly card! I'm going through frou-frou withdrawal! LOL! Soon, though . . . soon! But today's card is CAS . . . and it has a boy on it! That counts, I think! And . . . I made a card that is NOT SQUARE!!!  My first 5" x 7" card . . . ever!! Here . . . take a look . . .
A Christmas card! I had to chuckle . . . last week at this time I was at the beach . . . and yesterday (when I was making this card) I was listening to Christmas music! haha!! For this week's card, I merged two Mo Manning images . . . Charlie Caroling (available HERE) and Christmas Lamp Post (available HERE). Here's a close-up (albeit a bit blurry) . . .
And a side view . . .
My Card Recipe:
Image printed on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Citywalks" by Pink Paislee
Edges inked w/Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Romantic Rectangles die: Spellbinders
Corner die: Whimsy
Raffia & gold beads: My stash
Front sentiment: Computer-generated
Inside sentiment: Sparkle & Sprinke
Copic & Shin Han markers; Colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 
And, of course, the "artsy" angle...
Okey dokey . . . now it's time for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous  creations by my clever and talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Thanks so much for visiting! Until next time . . . .

12 comments:

Za ovinkom said...

Beautiful colouring Pat! Love it so much.
Jasmina

Joey said...

ooooh Pat I am so jealous lol, a getaway even up the road for 5 mins on my own would be a welcome blessing lol. This is a gorgeous card, I am with you and cant wait for the holidays. Joey xx

Debbie said...

Hi Pat.
Sweet card and a "C" card at that!
It's odd making "C" cards when the Summer has only just vanished isn't it. Mind you, you will still have Summer if I am not mistaken!
I made my first 7x5 card this week too. I am a 6x6 girl like you, so found it a bit hard, but the paper I was using asked for a 7x5.
Hope to join in the Mo challenge this week, one for the boys, always need more boy stuff!
Debbiex

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Candy said...

Great card, Pat!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Angela Boutiller said...

I love this image and the creation is FAB! I am going to work on my For the Boys submission this weekend! :)

Cathy said...

Well, I for one am glad that you didn't get to do froo froo yet because this is wonderful. I just love all of Mo's winter kids and you brought him to life fa la la laaaaa .

Mau xx said...

Well what a way to come back down to earth Pat...Sunny beaches to Christmas cards....lol Must admit I made my first one this week!!!! I won't normally start till mid Nov.
This is fab card though and love the merged image and added detail..Fab!
Huge Hugs Mau xx

AnjaCardz said...

Hi hunny, I am so glad to have you and your wonderful posts back! And you even surprised me with making a Christmas card after having arrived back from the Carribbean! Odd to me, but the outcome is gorgeous! ♥ The two pics plus sentiment are perfect harmony and I love the card design over all, my sweet GF! Great take on the "difficult" boy theme! ;-)

Hugs, Anja

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie
You are on a roll with Christmas card! Go girl! We missed you. I am glad you had an AMAZING vacation!! Love your card as usual.

Hugz
Kim

Debbie said...

Such a perfect CAS card down to the little bow. I am finishing up my card for tomorrow and you're no where to be found. I so love making cards with you... It's not the same with out you..

Miss you
Debbie

Franz♥ said...

Loooove it Pat! Your colouring is just perfect and it makes precious all your cards and the CAS ones too!

I announce you that this morning I made my last commenting on nines, pheeeeew!lol! Just ask if you need again :*

Hugs, Franz.