Monday, September 9, 2013

Baby, Baby . . .

Hey there, sweet friends!! Are ya ready for another Sugar Nellie DT Monday?! I am!! And today I have another super cute card to share with you! Seriously . . . have you ever seen a Sugar Nellie image that wasn't super cute? I haven't! And I think this one is extra super-de-duper cute!
This week's card is for my sister . . . well, it's for my sister to give to a friend who is having a new grandbaby!! And the grandbaby is (allegedly) a little boy! The baby hasn't been born quite yet . . . but they're saying it's a boy! hehe! Now . . . I've always loved this sweet little stamp . . .  it's called "Cute & Cuddly" and I just think it's perfect for a baby card, regardless of the baby's gender!! You can find this darling Sugar Nellie stamp HERE in the "Home Grown" section at Funky Kits! Here's a close-up . . .
I decided to make the little giraffe and balloon extend beyond the edges of the Nestabilities oval . . . and I really like how it turned out!! Here's a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed onto Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Bashful Blue, Whisper White, & Pear Pizzazz cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs, pearls, bakers twine, & charm: My stash
Glossy Accents on the balloon
Front sentiment: LOTV
Corner die: Whimsy
Inside sentiment: Whipper Snapper
Tag: Magnolia
Colored with Copics & Colored pencils

A look at the inside (I've added a little pocket for a gift card) . . .

And one last pic . . .
So . . . that's what I've been up to!! I hope you've enjoyed looking at my newest Sugar Nellie DT project! I had lots of fun creating it! Now . . . I'm off to make another something something! Maybe a Christmas card next! I'll see you soon . . . 

9 comments:

caroline said...

wow another gorgeous card Pat, excellent colouring as always and lovely colours
caroline x

Dee said...

I love love love it...baby boy was born at 9:57 yesterday (Sept. 8).... 7 lbs 12 oz and 21" long. His name IS Silas....apparently the pain of childbirth did NOT make her change her mind. :) I think the new mama needs a beer!

Za ovinkom said...

Hi Pat! So sweet image and so bright and cute creation!
Jasmina

Debbie said...

Hi Pat. Totally agree this image is adorable, love it.
I am fascinated on the outside the Nestie technique, not sure I know how to do this. Looks amazing and so professional, wonder if it will be on You-Tube. Debbiex

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pat. The image is adorable and the papers and layout look fab.Love it!
Lorraine x

Claire said...

A fabulous card inside and out - love the adorable animals. Hugs, Claire x

Pillan said...

Lovely card and cute image! Your colouring is outstanding...
Hugs

Avril Ann said...

Pat this is ultra cute, love this card inside and out xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Mz, Pat...Love this sweet little image and your coloring is outstanding. The charm is just adorable. Hugz, joann