Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cute as a bug...ladybug, that is!




Hi everyone...it seems like it's been ages since I posted anything here. My new job is fun and challenging and exciting...and by the time I get home in the evenings, I'm ready to crash!! I do a little coloring...but most of my serious crafting has been relegated to weekends...and this is a THREE-DAY WEEKEND!! How fabulous! I hope you are all having a great weekend! I watched some Copic Tutorials this afternoon and I decided to try the "feathering" technique that Suzanne Dean demonstrates in one of her online lessons. I decided to focus on the image itself and limit the embellishments on this simple little Ladybug Tilda card. Here's the recipe:

Cardstock: Stampin Up Pretty in Pink and Rose Royal
DPs: Debbie Mumm
Paper punch: MS Lady Bugs
Ribbon & ladybug charm: my stash
Sentiment: Magnolia
Copics: E11, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R21 (cheeks); YR21, 20, E35, & E19 (hair); RV25, 23, & 21 (pink); YG03, 00, 0000 (greens), YG06 (on soles of feet); C1 (shadow).
Additional goodies: Cotton candy stickles & Inkssentials Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek. Pat