Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Spring . . . Reality or Wishful Thinking?!

Hey there, sweet friends!! It's time for another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And this fortnight's challenge theme is . . .

"Anything Goes"

Hooray!!! I love "Anything Goes" challenges!! OK . . . so, here's the deal . . . it was sunny and 74 degrees (F) on Sunday!! And yesterday, we had another snowstorm . . . which is pretty common this time of year in some parts of the world (like in Minnesota where grew up! Brrrr!) But here in Richmond, VA, this is rather unusual!! Anyway . . . there must be about  3-4 inches of snow on the ground right now . . . and well . . . I have one thing to say . . . I WANT SPRING!!! So . . . with that in mind . . . here's what I came up with . . .
I used one of my fave Sassy Cheryl cuties, Maddie!! This particular image is called "What'cha Growin' - Maddie" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's a close-up . . .
And a side view . . .
  My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic Cardstock
Apricot Appeal & Chocolate Chip Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Sun Kiss" by Prima
Rectangle dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Apricot Appeal ribbon: Stampin' Up
Flowers, sentiment stamp, & pearls: my stash
Copic and Shin Han markers & color pencils

And one more pic . . . for good measure!
I feel warmer already! haha! Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at all the amazing cards created by my fellow Design Teamies! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join! Oh, and remember . . .

At least one lucky participant (but maybe more), selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for your kind comments! Stay warm! See you soon!

11 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh Pat I love your card. That image is so cute (like all of Sassy Cheryl's images) The colours are so lovely and your colouring is awesome as always. What a fun challenge ahead from Sassy Cheryl's. I hope to play along.

Dawn said...

won't be long... flowers are gonna start popping up!!
as cute as can be, Pat! neat layout too

cheryl moody said...

Well Pat I just love everything about this card!!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous spring card, Pat!! Love the Prima papers and that image is adorable! Love it!
hugs, Sharon

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Oh Pat, what a cutie patootie! Always a treat to stop by and visit your blog ~jeni :)

Za ovinkom said...

Beautiful colouring as usual and wonderful design Pat. I just notice one die cut on your card - I got it today. (the yellow one on the edge) :)
Jasmina

Sassy Raggedy said...

Well you've done it again...This is just lovely...I believe you have every type of marker or pencils made. lol So pretty Mz. Pat...Hugs, joann

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous adorable card.
luv
Debby

Linda Compton said...

Lots of soft colors here. Spring is sure to come. When it does everything will be so much prettier because of the snow will have fed the grass and flowers all winter. Hey and the hard freezes kills those pesky mosquitoes too!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Love this. Gorgeous colours, gorgeous colouring, GORGEOUS CARD!!! Lx

Ann English said...

You and me both, lady! I'm so tired of bundling up...in the house, never mind outside!
Pat, I am so in awe of your beautiful creations...always so beautifully colored and perfectly embellished inside and out!