Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Layers & Layers of "Sassy"!

Happy Tuesday!! It's time for another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And this fortnight's challenge "hostess with the mostess" is my sweet friend and DT sister, Joann (a.k.a. Sassy Raggedy!) and she's chosen the theme . . .

"Lots of Layers"

No problemo!! I am very comfortable with lots of layers . . . so this one was an easy one for me! Although, I will admit . . . I increased the degree of difficulty by pulling out my colored pencils!! And here's what I came up with . . .
This little image is called "Patience Secret" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's side view . . .
A look at the inside . . . clean & simple . . . 
  My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Strathmore Bristol paper
Black Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Ladies & Gentleman Too" by Mary Fran for Nitwits
Rectangle & square dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Flower die: Cheery Lynn
Sentiment stamps: Stampin' Up
White seam binding, brad, charm, & pearls: my stash
Faber Castell, Caran d'Ache, & Prismacolor pencils

And one last photo . . .
OK . . . full disclosure . . . coloring with pencils is definitely me stepping far out of my "Copic" comfort zone!! Copics give me deeper, richer colors . . . and pencils are softer!! I love them both!! Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at all the fabulous creations by my fellow Design Teamies! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join! Oh, and remember . . .

At least one lucky participant (but maybe more), selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for your kind comments! Stay warm! See you soon! Hugs . . .

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Pat! Really gives me hope of Spring weather with that row of ladybugs. Love the little bug charm as well!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Darling card, Pat! I love that lady bug paper. Your coloring is always so beautiful. ~jeni :)

Boxofcolours said...

Another fantastic card Pat - sorry I have been a little quiet of late - but I have my hands full with our little Westie puppy
Jane xx

Za ovinkom said...

Just awesome spring card Pat. It's like a spring in my town. :)
Love all layers, papers and charm! Great job!
Hugs,
Jasmina

Mau xx said...

Fabulous creation yet again Pat, Love the pencil work! Pretty papers too.
hugs Mau xx

Tanya R said...

Beautiful!

Dawn said...

just precious, Pat! love the sentiment too..perfect for the image!

Ann English said...

And, of course, you did an amazing job! I think Cheryl inspired us all to try our hands with pencils---sigh. Mine came out a bit muddy. Love my Copics!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Another wonderful creation Pat. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the grass. Hugs, joann

Kecia said...

WOW! What a gorgeous creation, Pat! You've got talent...and your pencil work shows it. You can achieve deep color with pencils...seriously just press harder. I can color with pencils, though I press hard. Pencils just take a little longer to achieve results, than copics.

Linda Compton said...

So the boss got to you too!. Beautiful pencil coloring. Her hair is awesome and I LOVE the grass!!!!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

So cute! That digi paper is perfect for this image. I never have quite figured out how to use digi papers, but one look at the amount of traditional papers I have….its really not a problem. I could make…well, lets not say how many cards I could make with all the paper I have! Great coloring, btw, you did great with your pencils. That's my media of choice, I've never really tried Copics. (there, my novel is done)
Blessings,
Michelle