Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Love Machine

Happy New Year!!! I'm giving myself a little break from Christmas Cards . . . and decided to make something for Valentine's Day! Perfect, huh? Especially since there's a new challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog where the theme is . . .

"Anything Goes"
w/a Sassy Cheryl image, of course!

So . . . I made this card for my hubby to give his sweet, 94-year-old mother!! My hubby has always been rather "preppy" . . . and never misses an opportunity to get dressed up in a bow tie and plaid pants! Seriously!! I am soooooo NOT kidding here!! So . . . this image seemed just the ticket! Hehe!
This adorable image is indeed the brainchild of my very talented and somewhat "Sassy" friend, Cheryl (Alger) Grant. This cutie is from a rubber stamp set called "Together is Better" and is available HERE at Kraftin' Kimmie's. Here's a side view . . .  
A peek at the inside . . . 
And . . . one more angled view . . . 
So, there ya go . . . my first non-Christmas card in what seems like forever!! Now, I hope you'll take a few moments to visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and see what my talented Design Teamies have created this week for inspiration! Then . . . please join us for this week's challenge! You may win 2 free Sassy Cheryl digis!! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . until we meet again . . .

13 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Ah try being married to a farmer Pat - overalls and wellies....so stylish!!

It's an adorable card, inside & out and I am sure your MIL will be mighty impressed.

Happy New Year xx

Za ovinkom said...

awwww how many hearts are here? :) Love this guy, ribbon and all hearts: die cut, mail heart, your heart - because you made this for your husband to give his mother. So clever Pat. :)
Jasmina

Angela Boutiller said...

Oh my, Pat! You are a creative goddess. The inside of your card is just as perfect as the outside! I love this rubber stamp image. Preppy?! There is a guy at work who still wears bow ties. I think it is adorable. So is your Valentine creation!

Sassy Raggedy said...

How adorable Mz. Pat...The image is just adorable and that bow my goodness how do you do it...Hugz, joann

Cathy said...

Ms Pat, already making Valentine cards...way ahead of me :) Awesome, love everything about it as always, so sweet. Have a wonderful time on your cruise GF.

Dawn said...

I'm sure his mom loved it!! Teehee on the bow tie and plaid pants! too cute, Pat!

Linda Compton said...

I bet his Momma would love him no matter what he wore. This is just fille with love and fun. Great card Pat. Have fun cruisin'.

Astrid said...

Hi Pat,

Thanks for showing us such a great card. I'm getting motivated to craft the inside of the cards too, thanks to you!
Hugs,
Astrid

Kecia said...

You are making me NEED this set. I just am in awe of the way you color...every week.

Sassy Cheryl said...

And what a sweet little love machine he is. This is super, super gorgeous. Inside and out.

Dee said...

So cute ... he needs a little goatee thingie ....hahahahha

tina said...

love the inside as much as the out

Mau xx said...

Can't believe I haven't seen this Pat, Its just the cutest Valentine ever. Love the sweet image, and the inside of your cards are always Super fab....a girl after my own heart, I like doing the insides too.
Hugs Mau xx