Tuesday, November 19, 2013

We're doing "Winter" this week over at Sassy Cheryl's!

Happy Tuesday, my lovelies!! It's time for another funtastic challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And this week's challenge theme is . . .

"Winter/Cold Weather"
w/a Sassy Cheryl image, naturally!

Well. . . . first, I have to admit, our weather here in Richmond, VA, USA, has been far from "wintery" lately! Although last Tuesday, when I was in Pennsylvania, I woke up to this . . . 
Yes . . . that's snow! And my poor little car didn't know quite what to make of it! Not to mention the fact that I wasn't prepared, in any way, for the snow! 
Fortunately, I'd packed some socks . . . not for my feet though! I had to put socks on my hands to brush the snow from the car since I had no brush, scraper, or MITTENS! hahaha! But, alas, I digress . . . where was I? Ah yes . . . this week's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's! Oh . . . wait . . . since next week we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving, this week's challenge will actually be a 2 week challenge! Here's what I've been up to . . . 
I've been commissioned to make some gift tags . . . so I've been working my crafty little "elf" hands to the bone! hehe! This darling little Sassy Cheryl cutie is, of course, Maddie! The image is called "Warm Winter Cocoa" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's a close up . . . 
And a peek at the card insert . . . 
Now . . . since I missed last week's challenge 'cuz I was busy trying to get the snow off my car . . . and since we won't have a challenge next week, I thought I'd post a second gift tag. What'cha think?
Maddie . . . again!! This time she's holding a pretty sad looking little Christmas tree! But she looks mighty pleased with her decoration attempt, don't you agree? This image is actually called "Maddie's Charlie Brown Tree" and is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's! Here's a close-up . . . 
And a look at this one's tag insert . . . 
These tags are such  fun to make! So, stay tuned! There may just be a couple more coming! Now I hope you'll take a few minutes to visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and see what my talented DT sisters have created for our "Winter/Cold Weather" challenge! Then I hope you'll join us for this 2-week challenge! Who knows? You may just be the winner of free Sassy Cheryl digis!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs . . . until next time . . .

11 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Great tags Pat - it's getting a bit nippy here in England too (but thankfully no snow!)
Love your work as always
Hugs
Jane

Sassy Cheryl said...

LOL on the socks for your hands. You're so stylish. (Snort)

Love these gorgeous cards and tags girl. You've knocked it out of the dog park. Hey. . . .let's drink to that, shall we? :) :)

Anna R said...

Both of these tags are amazing!
Almost too cute to use. :)
I'd hate to have snow come without having all my winter wear...I'd absolutely freeze! Good thinking with the socks :)

Patti P. said...

Beautiful Pat, I love both of these images and alas have yet to use them. Maybe this challenge.
Love your tags, so elegant and unique.
Sorry about the snow. Here is SW Virginia, cool temps but no snow yet, thank goodness.
hugs....

Za ovinkom said...

he he he I see you're not prepared for the winter yet. You make me smile. ;) Great pics!
Wow love both creations Pat! On the first one I love card insert, beautiful die cut and on second I got an asociation to put this on Christmas tree - I think it will be awesome decoration.
Jasmina

debby4000 said...

They are both absolutely adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Sassy Raggedy said...

Just adorable...I love them both. Hugz, joann

Dawn said...

omgoodness...how CUTE are these!!! love the tag idea too!

Linda Compton said...

Loving all these gift tags. Congratulations on your large commission order. All these lovely details make these tags so special. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm going to Ashburn VA for Thanksgiving, so I'll toot my horn at you when I go through Richmond.

Cynthia said...

Both tags are lovely, Pat. Sorry to hear about your unexpected snowfall. Glad you were prepared with warm "mittens"! LOL~

Ann English said...

Such gorgeous creations! Love the lace, the bells 'n bows...and the colors. Stunning!
Oh, those poor tootsies in the snow!