Monday, July 2, 2012

Sugar Nellie DT - "Book Club"

Hap-hap-happy July! I don't know about where you are, but our weather these past few days has been outrageously HOT . . . with record temperatures, not to mention thunderstorms and tornadoes 3 times last week! Aacckkkk! I've been staying inside with the air conditioners and ceiling fans on, so I've been a happy camper! Especially since I've been making cards! My fave thing to do . . . when it's hot . . . when it's cold . . . when it's raining . . . when it's snowing . . . well, you get the idea, right?! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you today. This card is actually a commission . . . I hope she likes it!!
Once again, I used one of Krista Smith's "Simply Sassy" images created exclusively for Sugar Nellie. This stamp is called "Book Club" . . . and is available HERE at Funky Kits. If this card looks kin of familiar, it's because I made a similar looking card several months ago . . . same DP, but different design and embellies! I must admit, I'm quite pleased with the results!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
And a peek at the tag w/computer-generated sentiment. . .
My card "recipe" . . . 
Cranberry Crisp & Crumb Cake cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Oxford" by Basic Grey
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Hardware: Bo Bunny
"Eyeglasses" charm: My stash
Nesties: Spellbinders
Tag & envelope: Melissa Frances
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink to all paper edges
and a few colored pencils on top of my Copics

. . . a peek at the very simple interior . . .
And, finally . . .
And . . . that's it for me, my sweet friends! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! Big hugs!!  
post signature