Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sugar Nellie Showcases ME! Whoohoo!!

Hey there, my lovelies!! I am soooo excited to be "showcased" today at Sugar Nellie's Blog! My sweet friend, Elaine, has decided to showcase the SN DT...and today is my day in the "spotlight!" Whoohooo! And...here's the new little card I made for this special occasion...


As some of you know, I have been struggling with creating "clean & simple" cards. I was thinking that I'd have to throw in the towel on C&S...but decided to try just once more before I gave up completely! hehehe! Sooo...I was thumbing through my ever-growing collection of Sugar Nellie stamps and ran across little Miss "Raven" (available HERE at Funky Kits) and just knew she was going to share the spotlight with me today!!


I found the prettiest DPs...from the "Generations" collection by Simple Stories...and decided they'd fit perfectly into my C&S design! Next, I chose Bravo Burgundy and River Rock cardstock (from Stampin' Up)...which matched the DPs quite nicely! Then I literally added a wee bit of yummilicious lace and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts...1/4" grosgrain ribbon (in Bravo Burgundy) and some hardware (also from SU)...and my card was made!


Well, of course, I had to color this cutie...which I did with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils! I really love the richer, deeper shading that I get with Prisma pencils applied over Copics!! Oh...and, just to clarify...you can see that I used a Christmas sentiment...but added no snow or snowflakes. Why? Because I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 25 years and we never had snow at Christmastime! Hence...no snow! hehehe! Oh...the sentiment is from Lili of the Valley! Here's a peek at the inside...


Now...I decided that, in keeping with my C&S efforts, I'd let these luscious  DPs work for me. I layered them onto Bravo Burgundy cardstock...and then added only a stamped sentiment (from my stash)...no embellies whatsoever!! Yes...it WAS a bit uncomfortable for me...and I believe that a tear actually ran down my cheek during the making of this card...hehehe! I trust you, too, are tearing up a bit as you read this...am I right?! But...alas, when all is said and done...I kinda like the end result! Here's one last view...it's OK...wipe your eyes now! It's all good!


So...since this is a Christmas card...and since I used Wild Orchid flowers and lace (my very faves!), I thought I'd enter this week's Wild Orchid Challenge again (my third entry!). OK...gotta run! Thanks so much for visiting...and for your very sweet comments! Have a beautiful day!! Hugs...until next time....