Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet, sweet love...

Hi sweet friends! Are ya ready for some more sugar?!
Well, get ready because it's time for another fabulous challenge at the Sugar Bowl! June weddings seem to be a tradition in many parts of the world. So, with that in mind, my clever and talented fellow DT Sweetie, Kiki, has given us a wonderful sketch and the very timely theme of "Weddings/Love" for our Sugar Bowl Challenge # 61!! I, of course, thumbed through my fave Simply Sassy stamps and came up with a little something using "Oh La La" available (with many other fabby stamps and digi images) from Funky Kits!


Here's Kiki's Sketch...it was a fun one to work with!! As you can see, I tweaked it ever so slightly so I could use this delightful little Sassy image!! 


Here's a closer look. I used some scrumptious DPs from Ella Blue...and CS from Stampin' Up (Espresso) and some beige cardstock from Bazzill.


OK...well, so it's not an extreme close-up...but it's a teensy bit closer view! hehehe! I colored the image with Copics and Prismacolor pencils...and added some shadows with BG000 & 0000. The corners are from Cuttle Bug, and the scrolls are from Sizzix. I also used a MS punch for the side of the image. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps...so is the ticket die. I love these!! And, finally, the twine is from my stash and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Here are a couple of "artsy views"...



Now you'll want to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl to see what my fellow DT Sweeties have been up to. Let me just say...love is in the air!! Then pull out your own craft supplies and come up with your own crafty entry for this fortnight's challenge. As always, one lucky participant, chosen at random, wins an amazing prize!! This time our winner will receive a "pick 'n'mix" collection of SIX Sugar Nellie stamps of your choice!!Ahem...whatcha waiting for? Go...get crafty! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. I appreciate all of your kind comments. Sending big "virtual" hugs your way! Until next time....