Monday, June 13, 2011

Just for fun...

Hi sweet friends...
I hope you had a fabuous weekend...I decided to extend mine by one day! hehehe!! So, I thought I'd make something just for fun! That's right...I actually received this new Watercan Tilda stamp just a few days ago from my sweet friend, Diana Crick, owner of Magnolia-licious, your online store for Magnolia stamps and accessories...as well as the new Mini Magnolias!! Sooooo, I just couldn't wait to color her...er, Tilda, not Diana! LOL! Now, the funny thing is, I don't know the difference between a flower and a weed...and, frankly, some weeds are actually quite lovely! But Tilda looks like she knows all about gardening!!


I decided to make a twisted easel card since I hadn't made one of these in quite some time. I masked Tilda and added these lovely Magnolia tulips....and set to coloring with my Copic sketch markers and Prismacolor pencils. I used Nestabilities dies to cut out my picture...and then added a Magnolia Doohickey fence die and some Martha Stewart punched butterflies...jazzed up with some pearls, of course!


Here's a better view of the easel design...don'tcha love those flowers? They're from Wild Orchid Crafts. I tell ya, if you haven't checked them out, you need to. Fabulous products, friendly service, and super fast shipping! I have never, ever been disappointed! In this next view, you can see that I bowed out the fence just a smidgen. I kinda like the effect! Whatcha think?


And here's a photo from yet another angle...don't know if you can see, but I've used a Magnolia Doohickey Swirl Die and some pearl swirls...as well as my very fave and frequently used Vintage Tag. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up...it was in a set of stamps called "Hello You".


Here's the rest of my recipe:
Cardstock: Barely Banana & Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up)
DPs: "Hideaway" by First Edition (I got this from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design)
Pearl flourishes: ZVA Creatives (also from Susana's store)
Ribbon & ink: Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up)

I've decided to enter this little cutie into this week's challenge over at "Just Magnolia" Challenge Blog. They have a fun sketch...and, if you look closely, you can see that I did, indeed, follow the sketch.


So, there you go...that's it for me today...but I should have another Maggie coming to you tomorrow..that is, if it's the second Tuesday of the month! That's when Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog posts its new Color Challenge for the month! Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving such sweet comments...Maggie hugs, my lovelies...until next time....