Monday, September 6, 2010

Happiness...is in the journey....


Hi friends...oh my, what a busy weekend we've had so far. Our dearest friends from Chattanooga, TN, came for a visit. We all went to the Jimmy Buffet concert on Thursday...and we had such a fun time! Unfortunately, all good things come to an end and our friends had to go back home. No worries...we're already planning next year's visit!

Now my house is quiet once again and I'm contemplating the chaos that has become my craftroom. I purchased some new shelving and storage units...so I'll be working on organizing the insanity!! I have so many beautiful DPs and packages of cardstock and flowers, etc., and I can't find any of it! So, the time has come to do something about it! BUT,,,before I could start, I needed to finish a card that I started last Sunday! YIKES!!

After seeing Magnolia's new Autumn Collection, I was inspired to make something a little fall-ish. Here's what I came up with. It's all buttons and bows...no flowers! (A real departure for me...since I love flowers!)
Here's the "recipe":

Cardstock: "Crumb Cake" by SU
DPs: K & Company
Ribbon: Bravo Burgundy grosgrain by SU
Sentiment: SU (from an old, old set I located in my crazy craftroom!)
Copics: E13, 11, 00, 000, 0000(skin), R20 (cheeks), E25, 99, 33, & YR21, 20 (hair), E57, 53, 50, 35 (suitcase), G99, 21, 20, YG63 (dress & hat), R89, 85, 83, G20, 24, 28 (flower), C7, 5, 3, 1 (shoes), C0, 00 (anklets & lace trim), W2 & 3 (to soften the greens a bit).

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'll see you soon! Pat